"Lake Bunyonyi" Lake Bunyonyi by Zanzibargirl
Lake Bunyonyi Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 67 photos
Lake Bunyonyi, which means "Place of Little Birds" is one of the most scenic beautiful places I have ever seen in all of my travels. The place is absolutely serene. We pulled up here very very late at night into our campsite at Bunyonyi Overland Camp, and it was dark when we pitched our tents so we had no idea of the vista that was to awaken us the next morning.
The sun rose to the twittering of those little Weaver birds, I unzipped my tent and the view that is captured in the phot above is what I was awoken to. Perfect reflections of the agricultural hills that dip down into the deepers (900m) crater lake.
Lake Bunyonyi Overland camp would have to be the best campsite anywhere in the world. Great vistas, visit the nearby markets, take a dip, go out on a canoe on the water and not a bad place to base yourself before heading up to Kisoro and then to the Gorilla's.
The camps facilities are world class, cheap camping or if you fancy other accomodations, cottages and furnished tents available.
From our vista laying back whilst cooking on our campfire stove overlooking this water, the hills sing with the voices of the school children at the schools on the hill above and across the waters. A highlight was visiting one of these schools, getting the grand tour from the schools head principal, and for a donation the children performed an african dance that they actually do in competion with the other schools.
Lake Bunyonyi is heaven and probably one of my favourite places on earth.
- Pros:Aaaah, the serenity
- Cons:heaven has no con's
- In a nutshell:Heaven on earth
Lake Bunyonyi is the second deepest crater lake in Africa, at 900 metres deep there are 29 islands and the name also... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Lake Bunyonyi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lake Bunyoni"
- "Lake Bunyonyi"
- "Lake Bunyoni in Uganda's Countryside"
- "Wonderful Lake Bunyonyi"
- "Call Of The Wild (cont.)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Bunyonyi
- Hotels in Lake Bunyonyi
- Transportation in Lake Bunyonyi
- Nightlife in Lake Bunyonyi
- Restaurants in Lake Bunyonyi
- Shopping in Lake Bunyonyi
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake Bunyonyi
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Bunyonyi
- 3 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lake Bunyonyi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Bunyonyi
Photos in Lake BunyonyiSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues