"Jinja - Source of the River Nile" Top 5 Page for this destination Jinja by Zanzibargirl
Jinja Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 144 photos
Jinja is the town located on Lake Victoria - Source of the Mighty Nile River. It has a population of about 45,000 in an extremely well built tight knit community. It is an awesome sight to see where the White Nile begins, as it leaves Lake Victoria on its 3,470-mi/5,590-km journey to the Mediterranean. Nearby the Owens Fall Dam has somewhat diminished the rivers excitement. However, it is still a great place to Raft.
We spent a day rafting Bujagali Falls amoungst the rapids and yes, crocodiles though luckily didn't see any. It was awesmome fun and an extremely cool experience.
The campsite - Nile Rivers Explorers Campsite is a really great place to stay, overlooking Nile it is a great place to pitch your tent. Not only this but they have a great relationship with a Charity group, called "Softpower Education". From the camp you can arrange to do a day of volunteer work, visiting and helping some of the local schools, which was absolutely fantastic. They have had a great impact on several schools in the area, and working with them certainly gave me a feel of the whole community working together, bringing tourists and locals alike into unision.
- Pros:Friendly amazing community and cool camplace
- Cons:there is no spice that I can put that Jinja lacks...
- In a nutshell:Source of the Nile
On the hill overlooking the Mighty White Nile as it leaves Lake Victoria, this campsite offers absolutely everything. It... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Jinja Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Source of the nile"
- "Jinja - Source of the River Nile"
- "Jinja - Source of Nile"
- "Jinja - Rafting, Rivers and some R&R...."
- "Jinja, not tangawizi."
- "Jinja - Rafting at the Source of the Nile"
- "Jewel of the Nile"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jinja
- Hotels in Jinja
- Transportation in Jinja
- Nightlife in Jinja
- Restaurants in Jinja
- Shopping in Jinja
- Warnings and Dangers in Jinja
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jinja
- 3 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jinja?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jinja
Photos in JinjaSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues