"Zanzibar - Island of Spice and all things Nice" Zanzibar Island by Zanzibargirl
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide: 418 reviews and 948 photos
Think of any tropical island and already I know you are thinking, now that sounds like a real holiday. Now add some spice of the various fruits, coffees, nuts, flavours, cinnemon along with a dash of both African culture and scenes of Arabian persian mix and you will get an idea of just how amazing Zanzibar Island is!
Zanzibar is otherwise known as the spice island and its Swahili name is Unguja, and I guarantee you wont go here without adding a little spice to your life. By the mid 19th Century Zanzibar was the world's largest producer of cloves. It was also a major slave trading port, and you can still visit the old slave trading markets today.
Medieval Stonetown is equipped with Persian palaces, old forts, winding alleys, bazaars, wooden doors, mosques and various art and creations. While the beaches of the north, such as Nungwi offer a place to really relax, kick back on the beach, snorkel or dive and eat in its numerous restaurants and enjoy a drink in its bars. Zanzibar is really truely heaven.
This place completely changed my life. In so many ways. It is where my story which began as I decided to travel, became something so amazing, and sent my life into directions I had only ever dreamed of and imagined. Zanzibar was a place of fairy tales and dreams. There I discovered true beauty in many forms. An island of people who are amazing, Stone town rain dances, touts and their wares, diving with turtle, and the place I met someone who for a while had a special in my heart. It will forever remain etched in my memory, in my heart and my soal, and it is the place that tops all my travel lists as the best I have experienced yet. The most amazing experience. Life changing and invigorating! Zanzibar forever! It may not have remained but it is always something I will aspire to. I have never felt more myself than at Zanzibar. Zanzibar has in the long run taught me to be true to myself, my values and keep on looking, laughing, living, learning, listening and loving. It is one island which epitomises my whole beliefs. And I have no doubt that one day, I will achieve bliss like this island in my life.
- Pros:WOW. There are not words to describe a place of such bliss.
- Cons:I couldnt stay here longer.... bummer...
- In a nutshell:PERFECT. Definately, spice and all things nice.
On Nungwi our tour group organised with one of the bars our own personal beach party. It was the birthday of Rod who... more travel advice
The beach coastal area of Nungwi is one of the coolest places to stop for a few days, kick back on the sand and relax,... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Zanzibar Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KARIBU !!!!"
- "Zanzibar - The Spice Island"
- "A scented isle"
- "Zanzibar Island"
- "Idyllic Life : The Spice Island"
- "Zanzibar Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zanzibar Island
- Hotels in Zanzibar Island
- Transportation in Zanzibar Island
- Nightlife in Zanzibar Island
- Restaurants in Zanzibar Island
- Shopping in Zanzibar Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Zanzibar Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zanzibar Island
- 7 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Zanzibar Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zanzibar Island
Photos in Zanzibar IslandSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues