"Kande Beach & Kande Island" Kande Island by Zanzibargirl
Kande Island Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 54 photos
Located on the shores of Lake Malawi, with the Kande Island creating its outlook, Kande Beach was the most friendly and amazing little town, a great place to just kick back for a few days and relax, soak up some beach rays, take a horseride followed by a bareback dip, stay in some luxurious chateaus (upgraded by choice) and party for fellow tour goer and friend Mark's 25th birthday.
Located about 20km south of Chintheche, Kande beach is a popular stop on Lake Malawi for both overland trucks and other travellers. You can snorket the very beach like lake or even take a padi learn to dive course, get on a boat to explore the island, or explore the nearby village and townships and shop at the markets for wooden and other wares. Notably most well known the famous Malawi chair. What got me most though about this little area, was the generosity of the people. There we visited the doctors surgery, the school and got treated to dinner at one of the locals house outdoors under the stars. Though we paid for this, the meals were wonderful and so generous considering how little they had, and we spent the night dancing with the children and listening to their songs... It was amazing!
- Pros:Beach like lake and it was party time!!!
- Cons:Maybe we got a little too drunk?
- In a nutshell:One hell of a place for a party!!!
Spotted along the roadside in Kande as we were leaving town, is this where Burger King all started??? HE HE... mmmm... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Kande Island Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Kande Island
- Hotels in Kande Island
- Restaurants in Kande Island
- Shopping in Kande Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kande Island
- 3 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kande Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kande Island
Photos in Kande IslandSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues