"Aireys Inlet - Just Round the Twist" Aireys Inlet by Zanzibargirl
Aireys Inlet Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 20 photos
"Have you ever?
Ever felt like this?
The strange things happening
Are you going...
Round the Twist?"
Airleys Inlet is famous for a couple of things, its lighthouse called the "Split Point Lighthouse", and the childrens television show which was set here called "Round The Twist" which is based on the books by author Paul Jennings. Check out the tv website at: www.roundthetwist.com
Very scenic with fantastic ocean views, Airleys Inlet is one of the lesser known stops along Melbourne's Great Ocean Road. With a fantastic pub and great cottage hideaways just 90 minutes from Melbourne it makes a great little getaway.
If you have kids and they know the TV series this will keep them facinated, and of course also so will the beaches. You can surf, horseride, canoe, visit the lighthouse, Split Point Lighthouse which is said to be haunted, walk a pleasant cliff walk to Anglesea, see the Airey's Inlet Bark hut, the Seafarer's Monument, visit Angahook-Lorn State park for a bushwalk or the favourite of the beaches Fairhaven Beach. You can also check out the Eagle Rock and check out the Marine Reserve.
- Pros:Scenic, secretive and just a little round the twist from Melbourne
- Cons:Hope you don't get driven round the twist
- In a nutshell:Just around the twist of the Great Ocean Road
Off the point of Airleys Inlet from the lighthouse is one of the first of many rock formations that are scattered along... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Aireys Inlet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Aireys Inlet - Just Round the Twist"
- "Airey's Inlet"
- "The Split Point Lighthouse"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aireys Inlet
- 2 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Aireys Inlet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aireys Inlet
Photos in Aireys InletSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues