"The Blue Mountains" Blue Mountains National Park by Zanzibargirl
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 1,058 photos
Can you believe that you can find this a hour and a half away from Sydneys CBD???? When the city stops sprawling to the west it his this amazing escape and National Park. Appropriately named "The Blue Mountains" it is absolute bliss and escape for a weekend or longer visit away from the city rat race, and yet so close it is on Sydneys doorstep that if you are making a visit to the city it is a must do drive.
The green eucalyptus smells, amazing views, great walks and almost untouched paradise are nothing short of amazing. You can book your cottage retreat, or find a spa and health stay, relax and unwind and completely detox from the city in a place like this!
Some must see highlights include:
- Nearby Jenolan Caves
The Scenic Railway and Skyway
- The amazing 3 sisters & Echo Point
- Govetts Leap
- Horseriding the Megalong Valley
- Leura Gardens and gift shopping
- Some amazing walks and waterfalls
- The Edge IMAX Cinema (make sure to see the movie "The Edge" Imax presentation on the Blue Mountains
- Norman Lindsay Gallery
and just so much more....
It is such an escape and amazing place that it is home to some of the worlds most protected identities and oldest tree's - The Wollemi Pine. Thought to be extinct for millions of years, hidden in the vast forests of this natural wonderland outside Sydney they are still alive today.
A trip to the Blue Mountains is a must especially if you come to Sydney and go no further if at least to see what some of this countries amazing natural scenery, walks of wonder and the gumtree smell and haze of blue that the trees create that this country has to offer. It is a natural wonderland, for those who either want to kick back and relax, or the more adventurous who would like to abseil into crevaces and hike the rock formations into some of the most still protected and some possibly unseen places on earth. How can something this amazing still exist so close to one of the best cities in the world. Hopefully these amazing things will remain for millions more years to come.
- Pros:Georgeous Scenery, stunning views and walks and cool caves
- Cons:I was so unfit when I went here, I have to go back to do more walks
- In a nutshell:Absolute escape, absolute landscape
Govetts Leap is a magnificent view point of the Blue Mountains looking out over the Grosse Valley. Its name has a couple... more travel advice
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Blue Mountains National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "In the Valleys"
- "Check out if they are BLUE"
- "The Lower Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains Adventure"
- "Blue Moutains / Katoomba / Three Sisters"
- "Blue Mountains"
- "Blue Mountains National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Blue Mountains National Park
- Hotels in Blue Mountains National Park
- Transportation in Blue Mountains National Park
- Restaurants in Blue Mountains National Park
- Shopping in Blue Mountains National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Blue Mountains National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Blue Mountains National Park
- 14 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Blue Mountains National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Blue Mountains National Park
- Posted in Travel Kenya Forum "Re: Must see in Kenya in a week"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yosemite Park & Mini Ha Ha Falls"
- Commented on one of aussiedoug's Blue Mountains National Park travel pages
- created a Blue Mountains National Park Travelogue "Jenolan Caves 2"
- Wrote a Review Leura Cascades in Blue Mountains National Park Things to Do
Photos in Blue Mountains National ParkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues