"Stockton" Stockton by Zanzibargirl
Stockton Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 14 photos
Not far from the city of Newcastle lies the town of Stockton. Here lies a 4WD haven, fit with all the essential elements for a day of fun.
Sand dunes which you can climb in the 4wd to the sky, or slide down on with a toboggan, sand board or cardboard. Surf which splashes the beach for two kilometres and some great history.
On the shore lies the wreck of the Sygna, a coal carrier which was beached in May 1974. Much of the wreck is now rusted away. However it does apparently provide for some decent fishing.
Amongst the dunes you can also spot some old WWII mini pyramid tank traps, or check out the shanty town of Silver City.
The town of Stockton itself has some lovely old houses, and you can also get fantastic views back to Newcastle. You can also catch the Stockton Ferry from the wharf across from the city for the day for a bit more of a view of the harbour.
- Pros:Dunes for 4wd, great surf, history and sweet views of Newcastle
- Cons:Scary if you get bogged
- In a nutshell:Surf and turf
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Stockton Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Stockton
- 2 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Stockton?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Stockton
Photos in StocktonSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues