"Tennant Creek - The Golden Heart of the NT" Tennant Creek by Zanzibargirl
Tennant Creek Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 18 photos
Located 500 north of Alice Springs & 1000 kilometres south of Darwin Tennant Creek is a town full of Aboriginal Warumungu Culture & goldmining history. Known as the Golden Heart of the NT you can visit one of the old mining sights at Battery Hill to get an insite of the mining that began here in the 1930's. You can also explore the Old Telegraph Station 11 km north of Tennant Creek.
The town itself was for us just a pass through to the nearby Devils Marbles. After watching the lady at the mine try & scare off a snake with a scary looking rake I began to wonder if people around here have lost a little of their marbles.
The devils marbles themselves are an amazing geological find that has been caused by years of erosion carving egg like rock into brilliant landmarks. Over time they will continue to change shape slowy as has Tennant Creek as different era's see the town become something else new to explore.
- Pros:The most amazing camping under stars
- Cons:closest place on the VT map to put the Devils Marbles
- In a nutshell:about the halfway mark of my outback experience
Zanzibargirl's Related Pages
Tennant Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tennant Creek - The Golden Heart of the NT"
- "Tennant Creek Briefly"
- "Tennant Creek"
- "Devils Marbles"
- "Key Locations in Outback History."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tennant Creek
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Tennant Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tennant Creek
Photos in Tennant CreekSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Sydney Intro, 28 reviews, 77 photos, 5 travelogues
- Darwin Intro, 33 reviews, 64 photos, 4 travelogues
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Intro, 4 reviews, 62 photos, 5 travelogues
- Africa Intro, 11 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 13 reviews, 51 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kakadu National Park Intro, 10 reviews, 53 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 13 reviews, 44 photos
- Zanzibar Island Intro, 7 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lake Nakuru National Park Intro, 4 reviews, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ngorongoro Intro, 3 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues