"Tulsa - A Treasure Worth Discovering" Top 5 Page for this destination Tulsa by BixB

Tulsa Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 385 photos

A few years ago, "Southern Living" magazine published a special issue entitled "Southern Living Favorites: The Best of the South." To the surprise of many, except those already familiar with the city, Tulsa was named one of the editors' five "Favorite Southern Cities." In good company with Atlanta, Dallas, Nashville, and Charleston, SC, was mid-size Tulsa, a gem of a destination often overlooked by travelers. Writer Gary Ford aptly descibed Tulsa as "a place of graceful, green neighborhoods, small clusters of shops, and a tall Art Deco downtown. All at once, Tulsa feels Southern, Eastern, and Western - a big city that lives like a small town." I couldn't agree more and that is why Tulsa, in addition to being my home, is one of my favorite American cities. I invite you to stop by for a visit, spend a few days "Livin' on Tulsa Time," and see if you don't find yourself someday repeating the lyrics of another classic tune - "Take Me Back to Tulsa!"

• Pros:Clean, Green & Friendly; Easy to Navigate
  • Cons:Lack of Public Transportation
  • In a nutshell:A Nice Place to Visit, and You Just Might Want to Live There!
  • Intro Updated Mar 13, 2011

• 807Wheaton's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2010 at 7:23 PM

Doing some arm chair traveling this evening and really enjoyed your Tulsa page! I am trying to put together a trip through Kansas and Oklahoma to finish up my 50 states - this sure helped. Thanks.

• Vlschulte's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 7:30 PM

This has givin me more to look forward to in dec thanks

• Robachu1's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 6:33 AM

Great Tulsa page. Now when I get homesick for Tulsa, I'll just take a look at your page.

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2006 at 5:25 PM

Hven't been in Tulsa since 1967. It's changed a bit. Thanks for the tips. We will be down in Mena and passing through Tulsa before heading to South America. Of special interest was the tip about the prairie grass preserve. We will go there.

• DSwede's Profile Photo
    Apr 5, 2006 at 11:47 AM

I was going to write up Full Moon Cafe & Cherry St, but you beat me to it...

• AlbuqRay's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 11:38 AM

BixB, these are some of the best written tips I have seen on VT and accurate too! They sure bring back memories. I was born in St. Johns Hospital, once lived in a "veterans' project" at the Fairgrounds and played basketball in the Pavillion.

• shellydenisefranklin's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2005 at 1:15 PM

That makes me sad about Casa Bonita! I'm from Tulsa and probably haven't been to CB since I was a kid in the late 70s but I have great memories of watching cartoons in the "theater." Ah, the memories... Great Tulsa page BixB!

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 5:10 AM

Top quality page. Covered a lot of stuff I should have seen (Philbrook, Gilcrease) and stuff I've never heard of (Talons, etc).

• angelayjose's Profile Photo
    Jan 7, 2005 at 7:27 AM

sadly everything you said about "the casa" is true. unfortunately i worked there for 3 years, so i can confirm many awful things. glad someone had the courage to mention it. great Tulsa page by the way!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2004 at 2:51 PM

Great page, beautiful pics. Greetings from Poland :)

BixB Lives Here!

BixB

“The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.”

Badges & Stats in Tulsa