"Malta - Mediterranean treasury" Malta by alusru

Malta Travel Guide: 244 reviews and 647 photos

Malta - feeling at home

My first time on these Islands was 1995 in June. I spent a week with a friend. Within the first 24 hours I've known - I'll come back very soon!
And I came back in October 1995. Walking out of the airport made me feel coming home. Qawra and St. Paul's Bay were the places I stayed in 1995. That changed the more I came back to Malta. The not so touristy area in the south is now my destination to go.

I have it at heart

When I found this at the shore in the year 2000 I saw it like a sign for my connection with Malta. After 5 years I came back and since then I nearly came back every year. September 2004 is my next visit.

• Last visit to Malta: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Aug 15, 2004

• May 21, 2009 at 1:54 AM

I agree on this! Malta has the WORST drivers in history. The Bus drivers are actually so bad too. I have never seen anyone think a bus is a Ferrari. Idiots...

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2008 at 5:01 AM

Good tips, Ursula. Thanks for the warning about road safety!

• starship's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2007 at 8:12 AM

Malta is on my wish list. Thanks for the virtual tour!

• spiritofscouse's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2007 at 1:39 PM

I think youre exaggarating about driving. Driving has improved considerably hee in Malta, by far better than Italy and obviosuly North Africa.

• pepples46's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2006 at 11:37 PM

interesting driver behaviour LOL, great tips here Ursula

• Dick33's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2006 at 2:40 AM

I am going back to Malta in 2 weeks I have already booked the Hypogeum. your pages are good.

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 6:40 AM

I have wonderful memories of Malta - such a long time ago now. You must write more! leyle

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 3:59 AM

are you off somewhere again...you naughty girl..lol......U...

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2005 at 10:25 AM

I thought I would visit this country soon but, oh, well, life...maybe one day? I would like to see Malta...

• maltese24's Profile Photo
    Jul 12, 2005 at 1:46 AM

great tips! well done, greetings from Malta :-)

alusru

“I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. ~Benjamin Disraeli”

Badges & Stats in Malta