"Auschwitz Horror" Oswiecim by Nelson1979
Oswiecim Travel Guide: 367 reviews and 995 photos
This must have been one of the most depressing sights I have ever seen!!
Being born in the Netherlands, also affected by WWII, at school we get a lot of education about this war! Every year on the 4th of may we remember the dead and on the 5th of may we celebrate freedom day....the day that the Germans were forced to pull back.
Part of this history is ofcourse Auschwitz and its a camp that you always heard of during the history lessons.
There are no words that can describe the feeling one gets when walking here. Its sad, depressing and scary and brings up so many intense feelings. Being here lets you feel and understand just a little bit more of the horror that happened during WWII but still when you leave you will keep the impression that one can never image what suffering went on here!
Still its a must see!!
The Auschwitz - I camp is the example camp, one where everything still looks kinds normal, with a smaller gas chamber!
The Auschwitz - II Bergen - Belsen extermination camp is the most horrible of the 2. Here its just long barracks with wired fences. People here had to lie on the cold wet floor and there was no other facilities except these baracks and the gas chambers that the germans tried to destroy before being driven away from this camp. Also will you find a barack where its stated that the nazi's used to kill mothers and newborn babies with Phenol-Injections. The Nazi's built train tracks till in the camp so they could lead the prisoners directly to the gass chambers.
- Pros:Educational, Impressive
- Cons:Well a con is that this shoudldnt have happened and unfortunatelly it did
- In a nutshell:A must see for everybody to realise that war and racism is pointless
Nelson1979's Related Pages
Oswiecim Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Auschwitz: A factory of death"
- "The Sad Auschwitz Camp..."
- "Auschwitz - A production line of death"
- "AUSCHWITZ ----- BIRKENAU"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Oswiecim
- Hotels in Oswiecim
- Transportation in Oswiecim
- Restaurants in Oswiecim
- Shopping in Oswiecim
- Warnings and Dangers in Oswiecim
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Oswiecim
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Oswiecim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Oswiecim
Top 10 Pages
- Krakow Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Bodrum Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 9 reviews, 5 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 8 reviews, 4 photos
- Santiago Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Fort Lauderdale Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Antwerp Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Sintra Intro, 1 review, 4 photos