"Northern Thailand" Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand by 71stuman
Northern Thailand Travel Guide: 3,341 reviews and 9,212 photos
I flew from Bangkok into Chaing Mai and stayed at the Imperial Hotel.
I then went to Tha Ton from there I went by longtail boat down the Mae Kok River to Chaing Rai stopping at several hill tribes along the way(my homepage photo was taken at one of these villages).While in Chaing Rai I stayed at the Ledgends Resort and Spa and what a place it was a highlight of my trip.Next I went to Mae Sai the most northern point in Thailand, and from there to The Golden Triangle where the borders of Thailand/Loas/and Burma(Myanmar) meet, I also visited the WAT CHEDI LUANG a temple built in 1291.
3 days later I returned to Bangkok to continue my holiday in Thailand...
- Pros:There is lots to see and explore
- Cons:there can be a few mosquitos
- In a nutshell:It is a great place to spend a week or 2
MAE SAI This is a town that lies on the northern border of Thailand and Myanmar. There is a local market here where you... more travel advice
The Golden Triangle is in the corner where Thailand,Myanmar,and Loas meet. There is a casino just acroos the river. Also... more travel advice
71stuman's Related Pages
Northern Thailand Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A short trip through Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand - Higher, Cooler and Amazing"
- "Chiang Mai, Golden Triangle & Northern Thailand"
- "Northern Thailand"
- "Chiang Mai also under re-construction"
- "a day or two in the north"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Northern Thailand
- Hotels in Northern Thailand
- Transportation in Northern Thailand
- Nightlife in Northern Thailand
- Restaurants in Northern Thailand
- Shopping in Northern Thailand
- Warnings and Dangers in Northern Thailand
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Northern Thailand
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Northern Thailand?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Northern Thailand
Photos in Northern ThailandSee All Photos (6)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos