"G'DAY FROM THE RED CENTRE" 71stuman's Profile
My name is Stuart
I live in central Australia.
I live in a remote aboriginal community of about 600 people, it is called Santa Teresa Aboriginal Community.
The nearest town is Alice Springs and it is 80kms away, our state capital Darwin, is 1500kms away and takes about 15 hours of driving to get there, it is also the closest beach from here. So as you can tell it is a remote place to live and a long way for a swim at the beach.
It is a unique place to live with plenty of things to do and see.
Take Care and Safe Travels
P.S. the photo of the snake was taken while on holiday in Thailand...
Uluru also known as Ayres Rock is situated in Kata Tjuta National Park 450 kilometres South West of Alice Springs. It is the worlds largest monolith measuring 3.6kms long and 2 kms wide and is made of arkosic sandstone. It is a spectacular sight particularly the way it changes colour in the light, especillay at sunrise and sunset.
It is a very special place to visit here in central Australia.
The desert has a wide variety of wildlife including lizards,camels,wild dogs (dingo's),snakes,kangaroos and many species of birds.
There are a lot of nocturnal species as the daytime temperature can reach as high as 50 degrees C.
The Thorny Devil is a slow moving desert reptile that takes two steps forward and one step back.The Thorny Devil only has to touch a puddle of water and its body absorbs the water into its grooves, into its skin. The water travels through the grooves in the Thorny Devils skin up to its mouth.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 39 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- 71stuman and Pichayada are now friends.
- Commented on dustystar's profile page
updated their Profile Page "G'DAY FROM THE RED CENTRE"
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Re: Where?"
- Wrote a Review EUROPCAR Rentals in Alice Springs Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Hobbiton (From The lord Of The Rings)"
- updated a Alice Springs Travel Page "The ALICE"
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Alice Springs Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Northern Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Southern Thailand Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54008 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7699 Reviews - 19779 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos