"The Once and Future Capitol of the South" Richmond by Karnubawax
Richmond Travel Guide: 880 reviews and 1,433 photos
The South may not be rising again this year, but Richmond is definitely on the rise. While it oozes history from every corner, Rcihmond is not just another dead city; if you haven't been there in awhile, you'll notice the change. Tourist brochures throw the words "undergoing a renaissance" like so many free entree coupons, but in Richmond's case, it fits!
Richmond has more than its share of history to experience. The current capitol of Virginia, the former capitol of the Confederacy, and even America's capitol shortly before the revolution - opportunities to relive American history are around every corner. The Capitol & White House of the Confederacy are well worth visiting, as is the current Capitol. Some of the most significant battlefields in the "War Between the States" are located very close to Richmond.
Today, you'll find Richmond a pleasant, vibrant, yet still aomewhat small city - with funky neighborhoods like Carytown, hoppin' nightlife in Shockoe Bottom, and stately houses on Monument Avenue. The Riverwalk has been redone and expanded, and is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon. There are plenty of opportunities to get on the water, too; the James River is gorgeous, and several places offer rafting and kayaking options for the more adventurous.
One of NASCAR's most popular tracks is Richmond International Raceway. The mega-popular Nextel Cup Series races here... more travel advice
Simply the place to go for a late-nite pig out! We on the West Coast just recently got our first KK franchises out... more travel advice
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Richmond Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Richmond, VA"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO NAT (b1bob on VT)"
- "richmond, virginia"
- "Revolutionary and Civil War History"
- "Richmond (A city of diverse history)"
- "A wonderful walk through Richmond"
- "The Rise and Fall and Rise of Richmond"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Richmond
- Hotels in Richmond
- Transportation in Richmond
- Nightlife in Richmond
- Restaurants in Richmond
- Shopping in Richmond
- Warnings and Dangers in Richmond
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Richmond
- 11 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Richmond?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Richmond
- updated a Richmond Travel Page "The Once and Future Capitol of the South"
- Posted in Travel Roanoke Forum "Good Place For a VT Meet in..."
- Commented on one of b1bob's Richmond travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cheap Souveniers - Part 2 - Musket Balls"
- Wrote a Review NASCAR at RIR about Richmond International Raceway in Richmond Sports & Outdoors
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 87 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Sedona Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Richmond Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Sears Point Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albany Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos