"At least someone's excited..." Kodachrome Basin State Park by Karnubawax

Maybe it was the fact that I was snowed out of Bryce... maybe I was just irritated 'cuz I couldn't get cigarettes in this "dry" valley... or maybe I was irritated at being chased by a ranger in a Cushman to make sure I stayed at 25 mph dispite the fact there wasn't another sole around for miles. But I really didn't see what the big deal was about. I didn't find the park to be any prettier than any of the surrounding countryside that you could see for nothing. There's nothing really outstanding about this place, except for the famous p*nis shaped rock. It's a rock, you see... shaped like a p*nis. If you are really into p*nis-shaped rocks then by all means come here (after seeing your therapist).

The only reason I could imagine coming here was if Bryce Canyon was snowed in. This is one you can skip.

• Last visit to Kodachrome Basin State Park: Apr 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 7, 2006

• saraheg77's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Thanks for the info.

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2005 at 11:21 AM

Nice job warning folks of this place in advance of them spending hard-earned money to see oddly-shaped rock formations.

Karnubawax

““I never travel without my diary. One should always have something sensational to read in the train.” - Oscar Wilde”

Badges & Stats in Kodachrome Basin State Park

Have you been to Kodachrome Basin State Park?

Photos in Kodachrome Basin State Park