"Everchanging Arches" Arches National Park by Karnubawax
Arches National Park Travel Guide: 618 reviews and 1,614 photos
Arches National Park is a must see on any tour of the Southwestern USA. While natural sandstone arches exist in other places, nowhere do they occur in greater abundance than here. The park contains literally hundreds of them, from tiny ones only a few feet iin diameter to some over 200 ft. long. Some arches are, of course, more famous than others, but what is really amazing about Arches is the beauty of the place in its entirety; even without its signature attractions, Arches is one of the most unique and beautiful areas in the world.
Arches are a dynamic phenomenon - they are born, they get bigger, and eventually they collapse. I believe it is very possible that only a few more generations will be able to see the famous, 306-foot Landscape Arch before it goes. But, by then, hundreds more will be "growing," and our children's children's children will have a different set of spectacular wonders to see.
Arches requires a bit of driving to check out the whole thing, but it is do-able in a day (though you won't see everything. I suggest you allow at least 2 days. Camping at Devil's Garden - in the far end of the park - is a great way to go; you can see the sights in the north end without having to take the 25-mile road back in every day.
This is one of the first hikes you reach heading north on the main road. The view from the south trailhead is... more travel advice
Edward Abby's "Desert Solitaire" is required reading for anyone visiting the Arches. It is essentially a collection of... more travel advice
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Arches National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Arches NP - Arches Sandstone Wonderland"
- "Finding the Angles at Arches"
- "Arches National Park"
- "Vistas around every bend..."
- "Amazing Arches"
- "ARCHES NATIONAL PARK - UTAH"
- "Desert Gem"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arches National Park
- Hotels in Arches National Park
- Transportation in Arches National Park
- Nightlife in Arches National Park
- Restaurants in Arches National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Arches National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Arches National Park
- 13 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Arches National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arches National Park
Photos in Arches National ParkSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 87 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Sedona Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Richmond Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Sears Point Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albany Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos