"Cambria - Quaint, Artsy and (therefore) Touristy" Cambria by Karnubawax
Cambria Travel Guide: 77 reviews and 202 photos
Cambria is a slightly famous town on the Central California Coast. Nestled in a tiny valley near the beach, it has long been known as an "art" town, though there are not so many artists these days. Cambria's strict building codes (based on a severe lack of available water) have kept the town's size in check, and today you'll find it to be a lovely seaside town with surprisingly good art galleries!
Fellow Vter Shivan sums up Cambria perfectly... it is small, quiet, and unusual - but it's too small, too quiet, and not unusual enough! What a perfect description!!! Cambria used to be much edgy-er about 10 years ago, but the art and the places that sell it have tamed a bit, probably to cater to tourists (the rats!).
Cambria remains a beautiful place to stroll and windowshop, and there are some fine restaurants and nice lodgings in the area. Its vicinity to Hearst Castle makes it a great basecamp for exploring the area, though accomodations tend to be more expensive here than some of the other neighboring towns. But many find that it's worth it!
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Cambria Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cambria, California"
- "Great place for the weekend"
- "A tiny, lovely page for a tiny, lovely place"
- "THE JEWEL OF HWY 1"
- "A nice spot for a weekend getaway"
- "A Nice Coastal Town"
- "Cambria East (and North)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cambria
- Hotels in Cambria
- Transportation in Cambria
- Nightlife in Cambria
- Restaurants in Cambria
- Shopping in Cambria
- Warnings and Dangers in Cambria
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambria
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Cambria?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambria
Photos in CambriaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 87 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Sedona Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Richmond Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Sears Point Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albany Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos