"They don't call it Berzerkeley for nothing!" Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley by Karnubawax
Berkeley Travel Guide: 195 reviews and 395 photos
Berkeley is... well... it's Berkeley. The whipping boy of conservative America, Berkeley is the birthplace of "Political Correctness." Before that it was the epicenter of the free speech movement. Many of the folk who made it happen are still here - a little worse for wear.
The University of California - or "Cal" - dominates the city both physically and culturally. The campus is gorgeous and well worth a visit. Also a must is seeing the Cal Bears play football at gorgeous Memorial Stadium in the Berkeley Hills.
The hillside parks offer endless opportunities for hiking, the marina is a great place to rent a kayak and get some bay time, and Telegraph Avenue is a shopper's paradise - especially if you're a record collector.
Berkeley is often derrogatorially referred to as "Berzerkeley." Indeed, you may find it challenging to relate to the people here - mental health is not one of their strong points! They do take some getting used to, but you'll find Berkeley folks to be very friendly... if you can get past the exterior craziness!
The Ashkenaz is a Berkeley institution that has been around forever. They primarily do "adult" music - blues, reggae,... more travel advice
If you've had enough road food, stop in at Intermezzo for a gigantic salad. The half-sandwich, half-salad combo is more... more travel advice
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Berkeley Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Berkeley - Icon of the 60s"
- "Welcome to Berkeley!"
- "Lived here while studying at the UC"
- "They don't call it Berzerkeley for nothing!"
- "Intro To Berkeley via People's Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Berkeley
- Hotels in Berkeley
- Transportation in Berkeley
- Nightlife in Berkeley
- Restaurants in Berkeley
- Shopping in Berkeley
- Warnings and Dangers in Berkeley
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Berkeley
- 10 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Berkeley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Berkeley
- Posted in Travel Roanoke Forum "Good Place For a VT Meet in..."
- updated a Berkeley Travel Page "They don't call it Berzerkeley for nothing!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Still More Cal Football Photos"
- Commented on one of Pounder73's Berkeley travel pages
- Wrote a Review A Berkeley Institution in Berkeley Nightlife
Photos in BerkeleySee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 87 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Sedona Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Richmond Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Sears Point Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albany Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Latest Berkeley hotel reviews
- Campus Motel
- 142 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- French Hotel
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Golden Bear Inn
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Hotel Durant
- 398 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- Bancroft Hotel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Berkeley Inn
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 18, 2013
- Claremont Resort And Spa
- 654 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Rose Garden Inn
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Doubletree Hotel Berkeley Marina
- 449 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel Shattuck Plaza
- 531 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Berkeley YMCA
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 5, 2012