"Wickenburg's Great - No Lie!" Wickenburg by Karnubawax
Wickenburg Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 57 photos
Wickenburg is a great little town about an hour NW of Phoenix. It's a perfect place to stop on the Las Vegas-Phoenix run. There's plenty of inexpensive hotels, good food, and an excellent western museum. Lots of folks come here to spend time on the dude ranches - of which there are quite a lot of.
The main attraction in town is the suprisingly good Desert Caballeros Museum. The Hassayampa River Preserve is supposed to be really nice as well. Legend has it that if you take a drink from the Hassayampa, you'll never tell the truth again!
Wickenburg is really the first truly "western" town you hit on the drive from Vegas. Don't gloss over this delightful little stop. What's your hurry to get to Phoenix, anyway?
Definitely worth a stop, the Desert Caballeros Museum is a real surprise! I was amazed at the variety and quality of the... more travel advice
Karnubawax's Related Pages
Wickenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Wickenburg Page"
- "Wickenburg's Great - No Lie!"
- "W i c k e n b u r g"
- "Jumping in Wickenberg!"
- "Old West on the 66 Route."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wickenburg
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Wickenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wickenburg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Francisco Intro, 87 reviews, 159 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Berkeley Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 4 travelogues
- Canyonlands National Park Intro, 12 reviews, 34 photos
- New York City Intro, 10 reviews, 34 photos
- Arches National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 29 photos
- Sedona Intro, 12 reviews, 24 photos
- Richmond Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Sears Point Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Albany Intro, 2 reviews, 26 photos, 4 travelogues
- New Hampshire Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos