"Favorite Vacation Destination" Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg by vhasouth
Gatlinburg Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 690 photos
Gatlinburg for my family has become almost a given for a vacation spot. We love to hike the trails. For my son and husband, they love to do what I fondly call "death march" trails. These are trails over 5 miles with extremely steep inclines. My daughter and I enjoy the under 5 mile trails where the incline is not as steep.
At any rate, the views, the streams and the waterfalls await you. It doesn't matter how you choose to get to the mountains, just choose to go!!
I've been going to Gatlinburg for 20 years. The one motel I urge you to avoid is the Ramada. I cannot begin to describe the problems with this motel.
I would like to recommend The Edgewater or The Holiday Inn - Sunspree Resort. My last couple of trips I stayed at the Edgewater and had great trips. We have stayed at the Holiday Inn 2 times and loved it.
- Pros:Easy place to get back to nature, without spending a lot of money. Very family oriented.
- Cons:In the Fall the traffic and crowds can be overwhelming
- In a nutshell:Gatlinburg is an excellent place to stay to explore the Smokies. It's important to "stay on the strip". Parking around Gatlinburg is scarce. Bring comfortable shoes, walking is best way to get around.
Gatlinburg has more tourists coming through daily than they have parking places. Staying on the strip is very helpful.... more travel advice
The Baskins Creek Trail is one of those secrets many park lovers keep to themselves. It's in an area where some trails... more travel advice
vhasouth's Related Pages
Gatlinburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gatlinburg: Gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains"
- "Favorite Vacation Destination"
- "Eva's Gatlinburg Page"
- "Smoky Mountains"
- "Action packed & adventurous town in the Southeast"
- "BurrGump's Great Smoky Mountain Vacation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gatlinburg
- Hotels in Gatlinburg
- Transportation in Gatlinburg
- Nightlife in Gatlinburg
- Restaurants in Gatlinburg
- Shopping in Gatlinburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Gatlinburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gatlinburg
- 20 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Gatlinburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gatlinburg
Photos in GatlinburgSee All Photos (15)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Gatlinburg Intro, 20 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Siesta Key Intro, 8 reviews, 6 photos
- Jekyll Island Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Chicago Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Tennessee 1 review