"Jungle Port-of-call" Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual by melissa_bel
Majahual Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 117 photos
That morning, as I go on deck to get my breakfast, I am faced with an awesome view. We are at Costa Maya, a brand new pier on the Riviera Maya. We are in the middle of nowhere! There is a stretch of sand and beyond: the jungle! A sea of green. And nothing. I am amazed at first. Then I wonder: what are we going to do. This is the only time I regretted not booking a shore trip. Being very culturally inclined, I quite wanted to see the Mayan Ruins. Justin is not. So, we compromised and decided we would go check the village of Majahual. From the information we received the day before, there is a pier with a tourism center and lots of attraction, it looked good, at least on paper. Unfortunately, it was pouring rain. We had to wait for the rain to stop (around 11 am) to disembark. The pier is veeeeeery long but you have shuttles coming back and forth and you can hitch a ride. A RCA ship is in port as well (I think it was the Radiance but not sure).
- Pros:Majahual is very secluded and rustic, real Mexican experience if you go there, beautiful waters.
- Cons:Secluded and rustic, not much to do if you don't plan carefully, aggressive mosquitoes.
- In a nutshell:A welcome break from the tradionnal and busy Caribbean
Costa Maya is different from many port-of-calls and brings very radical feelings. Some hates it, some loves it. I’ll try... more travel advice
It was hot and humid and the skies were still cloudy when we started our walk to Majahual. We didn’t think about it but... more travel advice
melissa_bel's Related Pages
Majahual Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jungle Port-of-call"
- "Much more than a cruise stop-MUCH more"
- "Majahual, Quintana Roo, Mexico & the Costa Maya"
- "Costa Maya (Majahual)"
- "Mexico for Cruise Ships"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Majahual
- Hotels in Majahual
- Transportation in Majahual
- Restaurants in Majahual
- Shopping in Majahual
- Warnings and Dangers in Majahual
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Majahual
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Majahual?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Majahual
Photos in MajahualSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 73 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helena Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues