"An alternative destination on the Gulf of Mexico:" Gulf State Park by melissa_bel
Gulf State Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 17 photos
When people are thinking Gulf of Mexico, they’re thinking Florida Panhandle but Alabama’s Gulf Shore is an interesting alternative. The two main cities along the coast are Gulf Shores and Orange Beach. For a bigger town, the city of Foley is just a 15 minutes drive away. Like in Florida’ you’ll find the same powdery white sand beach. And when I say white, I mean it, don’t forget your sunglasses! And like in Florida, you’ll find condos for retired who are fleeing the cold but it’s less expensive and less crowded. But hopefully, a part of it has been set aside as the Gulf State Park. Pristine beach and water are expecting you. For those who like peace and quiet, I recommend a visit from late autumn to early May when the tourist are not swarming the beach. In April, the water’s warm enough already. And in winter, there is the unmistakable mood of the beach in winter… nostalgic.
- Pros:Quiet, relaxing, affordable
- Cons:A bit subdued
The Gulf State Park hotel has a buffet restaurant. The morning buffer is quite popular. With huge windows facing the... more travel advice
melissa_bel's Related Pages
Gulf State Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Gulf State Park Page"
- "An alternative destination on the Gulf of Mexico:"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gulf State Park
- Hotels in Gulf State Park
- Restaurants in Gulf State Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Gulf State Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gulf State Park
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Gulf State Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gulf State Park
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 73 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helena Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues