"Auburn, Tiger town" Auburn by melissa_bel
Auburn Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 60 photos
Who would have known I would come to know Auburn?
Located in Eastern Central Alabama, this small city (about 43.000 inhabitants) happens to be my husband's hometown and the seat of Alabama's largest university: Auburn University. Located in the "Plains", a plateau of rolling hills area just the Georgia border, in a very green area, Auburn's life gravitate around the University. Known for its agricultural and engeneering department but also (and for many, foremost) for its College Football team.
One thing to remember about the South, after God, there is another deity Southerner worship and it's College football and if the team is part of the South Eastern Conference (SEC) , then it's the crème-de-la-crème as the SEC is supposed to be the thoughest conference in the country! Remembers that multi-skilled Bo Jackson did attend Auburn!
SEC champion and vice-national champions, the Auburn Tigers are bringing the crowd! Jordan-Hare, the city's stadium can hold more than twice the population of Auburn!!! A shame the season only last from late August to December. After that, basket-ball takes the spot (it was the Alma mater of Charles Barkley)
In springtime, Auburn is at its loveliest. Blessed with a mild climate (exept during summmer), April is the best to see the dogwood, cherry trees and azaleas in bloom.
- Pros:Small town, lots of student and activities thanks to the University for a city this size, mild winters and beautiful spring and fall, great football
- Cons:Strangely subdued at night for a college town, exept after a Tigers victory.
- In a nutshell:If you want a glimpse of what the South is about.
melissa_bel's Related Pages
Auburn Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Auburn Page"
- "auburn alabama"
- ""Lovliest Village on the Plain""
- "I'm Just Passin' Through"
- "Auburn, Alabama Home of Auburn University Football"
- "Auburn, Tiger town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Auburn
- Hotels in Auburn
- Nightlife in Auburn
- Restaurants in Auburn
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Auburn
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Auburn?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Auburn
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 73 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helena Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues