"A pearl of the Adriatic: Vasto and Vasto Marina" Vasto by melissa_bel

Vasto Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 34 photos

Vasto is a city dear to my heart.
The first time I went there, I was 6 years old. My father's family is from one of the Val del Trigno villages, in the Vasto's mountainous backcountry and it was the first time my brother and I were visiting. Once we were settled in the village, my dad took us to Vasto. It was the first time we were going to sea. And what experience!
In fact, Vasto is a city perched on a cliff with many medieval building and Vasto Marina is its more modern beach extension.
Vasto has changed over the years. It still remains a pretty family-oriented sea-side town but the space of public beach (especially on Spiagga Aurora) has been, unfortunately, greatly reduced. Don't let it spoil the fun. Vasto has a beautiful sterch of sand (it's a gulf and if you drive up to town, you'll see a splendid view of the Gulf) and clear water of the Adriatic Sea that will make you want to come back.
It has a very relaxed feeling, good restaurants and lots of attraction so... enjoy!

• Pros:Beautiful seaside town, medievel building, relaxed vibe
  • Cons:I can't find any.
  • Last visit to Vasto: Aug 2003
  • Intro Updated Jul 17, 2004

• Paisleypaul's Profile Photo
    Jan 15, 2011 at 9:47 AM

Thanks for the information on Vasto. We are looking at a day trip from Pecara in August by train so very helpful

• Giumbolo's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 7:33 AM

Melissa,you can also reach Vasto by a "Di Fonzo" bus from Rome Tiburtina Bus Terminal :many scheduled daily.3 hrs trip to reach Vasto.Hotels:the Palace,far from the central beaches,and the Europa,in the centre of Vasto Marina,20 mts from the beaches.

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2004 at 10:30 AM

You were lucky to get to grow up and see areas like this, looks like a great beach :-)

• babar_1's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2004 at 10:15 AM

Nice little page of a nice little town. Greetings.

• belgianchocolate's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 4:06 PM

Great 'Trabocchi ' picture. I hope to make a few like that. You write very well. :-)

• AliasGirl's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2004 at 11:22 AM

Vasto seems like a dream! I hope you get to go back soon and visit!

melissa_bel

“I came, I saw and I can't stop going.”

Badges & Stats in Vasto