"A pearl of the Adriatic: Vasto and Vasto Marina" Vasto by melissa_bel
Vasto Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 34 photos
Vasto is a city dear to my heart.
The first time I went there, I was 6 years old. My father's family is from one of the Val del Trigno villages, in the Vasto's mountainous backcountry and it was the first time my brother and I were visiting. Once we were settled in the village, my dad took us to Vasto. It was the first time we were going to sea. And what experience!
In fact, Vasto is a city perched on a cliff with many medieval building and Vasto Marina is its more modern beach extension.
Vasto has changed over the years. It still remains a pretty family-oriented sea-side town but the space of public beach (especially on Spiagga Aurora) has been, unfortunately, greatly reduced. Don't let it spoil the fun. Vasto has a beautiful sterch of sand (it's a gulf and if you drive up to town, you'll see a splendid view of the Gulf) and clear water of the Adriatic Sea that will make you want to come back.
It has a very relaxed feeling, good restaurants and lots of attraction so... enjoy!
- Pros:Beautiful seaside town, medievel building, relaxed vibe
- Cons:I can't find any.
The most central and busiest beach in Vasto Marina, located north of Vasto Marina, Unfortunately, a big part of the... more travel advice
If you don't feel like spending 5 hours in the train, the alternative is take private bus lines. It will get you there... more travel advice
melissa_bel's Related Pages
Vasto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A pearl of the Adriatic: Vasto and Vasto Marina"
- "CRISTINA & DANTE GABRIEL ROSSETTI: THE CONNECTION"
- "Visiting my pen pal after 23 years"
- "Vasto - the guardian of the coast"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Vasto
- 4 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Vasto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vasto
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 73 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helena Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues