"Two flavoured island." Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Martin by melissa_bel
Saint Martin Travel Guide: 91 reviews and 246 photos
I was able to wake up early aboard the Grand Princess this time to be able to see the ship docking not far from Philipsburg, the capital of the Dutch-side of the island. Yes, this tiny piece of land is the smallest land-mass to be shared by two countries: France in the North, the Netherlands in the South. And they both have very distinct personnalities.
While the Dutch-side has a laid-back, anything goes, party-hang-out, commercial approach, the French-side side sees itself as a "democratic" version of star-studded island of St-Barts, with low-key glamour, fabulous eating and gorgeous beaches. There is something for everyone here. As I slowly watches the island getting closer and closer, I am thinking... I'm going to enjoy the place.
- Pros:One island, two cultures, great beaches, great dining, lots of things to do
- Cons:The Dutch side is really too touristy and the French side might be a bit sedate for some.
After more than an hour walk, we decide it is time to go check out Philipsburg and those famous “sweet deals“ this... more travel advice
melissa_bel's Related Pages
Saint Martin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saint Martin"
- "Two flavoured island."
- "Orient Beach!!!"
- "Our St. Martin Trip 2005!"
- "Sint Maarten, Netherlands Antilles"
- "St. Martin"
- "St Martin - A little European. A lotta Carribean"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Saint Martin
- Hotels in Saint Martin
- Transportation in Saint Martin
- Nightlife in Saint Martin
- Restaurants in Saint Martin
- Shopping in Saint Martin
- Warnings and Dangers in Saint Martin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Saint Martin
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Saint Martin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Saint Martin
Photos in Saint MartinSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Brussels Intro, 73 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 33 reviews, 23 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helena Intro, 10 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Isla Cozumel Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Majahual Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Chicago Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- United States of America Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Romania Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos, 2 travelogues