"Washington wine country" Walla Walla by EllenH

Walla Walla Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 83 photos

Only this view reminded me of Italy. This small family run winery built as an Italian villa was just beautiful. Visiting Walla Walla for the purpose of visiting the wineries should probably best be done in 3 days. We did what we could in 2 and if you were paying for a tour you could probably do what you wanted to do in one. You can divide the area up into 4 areas, west of town, south of town, and east of town. The fourth being the wineries in town itself which is where you should stay so you can explore the other areas first and then finish in town on foot. There are over 90 wineries in this fast growing area and accommodation has not kept up with the growth. The wines are excellent by the way. It is very laid back and you are just as likely to meet the owner or the vintner as you taste the wines.

• Last visit to Walla Walla: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2011

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 9:32 PM

actually, having been to both, it is VERY much like Australia, coonawara or barossa

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Walla Walla... haha, sounds like a place you'd find in Australia :o) Wine Country....Cool! :o) Looks nice Ellen. Hugs xx

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Jul 27, 2010 at 7:11 PM

Ellen --you have just transported me to these vinyards--love L'Ecole. Cheers Dorrise

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Hi Ellen or should I say High Ellen. Great location for wineries. I just got back from Los Olivos and Solvang doing the same thing. Sippin' and slippin' my way through town. lol

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2009 at 8:49 PM

L'Ecole looks like a beautiful winery. Nice page!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2009 at 4:57 PM

Great Winery story Ellen :o) Enjoyed reading about Port too. Cheers, Ann :o)

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2008 at 11:19 PM

I guess I'll have to bring more when i come :-)

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Jul 19, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Thanks for your tips about that place!

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 4:29 AM

Just got a new job again : ) wife is complaining about me changing job like my undies ; ) Starting in mid march, better pay & position. Hope I stay longer on this one.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 4:26 AM

We have visited a few wineries and enjoyed them, although I'm not much of a drinker. I've always liked the way Walla Walla rolls off the tongue. Reminds me of Wallamellon.

EllenH

“Have Westfalia, will travel (but planes are good also)”

Badges & Stats in Walla Walla

Have you been to Walla Walla?

Latest Activity in Walla Walla