"Hamilton Montana" Hamilton by EllenH

Hamilton Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 59 photos

A great place to live

Hamilton is a very laid back town, it does get a lot of tourist but they fuel our economy. I work in a restaurant and so we depend on that, although we stay pretty busy even out of season. We are about halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier national parks, in the middle of the Bitterroot valley. We have the Bitterroot river running through the middle of it all and it has really good fishing so Imeet people from all over the United States year after year.

this is the town looking down from blogett overlook.

this is our river and it is right behind my house....a couple minute walk but its all city park so its very nice to live in town and have this be your backyard. what you are looking at is the same mountain the previous picture was taken from.

• Pros:montana is beautiful and the people are the best
  • Cons:its very hard to make a living here
  • In a nutshell:im staying
  • Intro Updated May 26, 2005

• kenHuocj's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2014 at 4:45 AM

We have a Montana's Steakhouse in the Bsuiness strip, will add a photo under my Orleans Restaurants ;-))) enjoyed reading about Hamilton MT on other links

• EllenH's Profile Photo
      Jan 31, 2014 at 10:51 PM

hope to see you at spice of life and if I am working, please introduce yourself!

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2011 at 12:48 PM

Spent a couple of week in MT this summer. Up at Seeley Lake and then down to Deer Lodge and Anaconda. Thinking of retiring in Missoula. Will let you know the next time we head that way - have to get down to Hamilton again.

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2011 at 3:23 PM

What a great hometown you have, Ellen. You are so lucky to have those amazing views and diverse wildlife on your doorstep. :-)

• ForestqueenNYC's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2010 at 1:05 AM

Ellen, even knowing that you might see a mountain lion would be enough to make me drive up to the Lost Horse overlook rather than hike. And I love cats.

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2009 at 4:01 AM

e-cig ? Seriously? Wow, US must be pretty hi-tech. Slow down on the smoke- you know : ))

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Love your wildlife photos, really nice! The canyon looks amazing, such a pretty area to spend some time in, don't think we have passed through, even though we have been to the 2 mentioned parks.

• lindyz's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2009 at 7:24 PM

Ellen, Hamilton seems like a rather relaxed place to call home - apart from the native bears, mountain lions, moose and deer!!

• Yaqui's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Lovely hometown Ellen! I especially enjoy seeing the moose. Use to see these as kid in Alaska. Nice page!

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2009 at 7:09 PM

Incerdible view at Lost Horse indeed, and I love the 2 moose/deer (three for one) picture! I should visit Monatana one of these days! Nice tips and please add more!

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 31, 2008 at 6:09 PM

this is the most beautiful hometowns on VT i have ever visited :-) nice tips and pictures. that bear was really cuddly but like you said be left alone.

EllenH Lives Here!

EllenH

“Have Westfalia, will travel (but planes are good also)”

Badges & Stats in Hamilton

Have you been to Hamilton?

Latest Activity in Hamilton