"Gooseberry falls state park MN" Gooseberry Falls State Park by EllenH

In our travels across the United States we generally camp in state parks. Our assement of a state has come to be based on how nice their parks are. One of the very nicest state parks we have ever stayed in was Gooseberry falls state park, in Two Harbours MN on the shore of Lake Superior.

• Pros:Beautiful and interesting camping
  • Cons:Mosquitoes
  • In a nutshell:Awesome place to spend the night and some time while traveling
  • Last visit to Gooseberry Falls State Park: Jun 1993
  • Intro Updated Aug 24, 2004

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Unusual name for a park, wondered if gooseberries grew there, used to have them in my garden. We like the national parks too, just had a great stay in one at the Warrumbungles, another unusual name!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2009 at 4:37 PM

I love camping too Ellen. We will be camping again after the big meet when we drive across the top end of Australia to Darwin. :o) xx

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Mar 3, 2008 at 4:32 AM

Going Jakarta for Jazz concert this coming Friday ; )

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 6:16 PM

What a great state park! Gooseberry Falls looks very nice. Northern Minnesota is a place I hope to visit someday...

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2005 at 9:04 AM

Nice to see more camping tips. What's the average price for a basic campsite in USA?

• Nov 5, 2005 at 6:52 PM

Why do they call it Gooseberry Falls?

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2004 at 2:41 PM

Lovely place, I see. Thanks for sharing. Well, the best thing I discovered in the USA were: people and national + a few state parks I visited.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 7:34 PM

We loved Gooseberry Falls and Split Rock Lighthouse when we were there in May. We also camp often in state parks too. We'll look forward to reading more of your pages.

EllenH

“Have Westfalia, will travel (but planes are good also)”

Badges & Stats in Gooseberry Falls State Park

Have you been to Gooseberry Falls State Park?

Latest Activity in Gooseberry Falls State Park