"Welcome to Montana" Top 5 Page for this destination Montana by EllenH

Montana Travel Guide: 1,467 reviews and 3,328 photos

Welcome

Today I finally added to my Montana page. I just remembered everything I wanted to see when I visited and first moved here. I think anyone takes for granted the beauty around them sometimes. But since we spent so much money on our last trip to Italy, I think for the next year or two we will be staying within westfalia camping range of home.

not my picture, but....

Ok this one put our corner of the world on the map. This is.(credited to)...Alaskan Type I Incident Management Team. Photographer: John McColgan, Bureau of Land Management, Alaska Fire Service. Poor guy was working for the forest service at the time of the picture and so was not allowed the copyright for it. I think he could have done well.

Georgetown Lake

• Pros:I keep working on it, Montana is awesome
  • Cons:some parts a bit conservative.....
  • In a nutshell:Im not finished, I live here, have to look around as a visitor would
  • Intro Updated Sep 5, 2005

• tropicrd's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Wow! what a great place--never realised how big Montana is.Love the free crystals,the carousel in Missoula,Elkhorn hot Springs and grasshopper creek....you have it all in every season.Oh and the food sounds fab...lucky you Ellen.

• amandajayne81's Profile Photo
    Apr 28, 2011 at 12:45 AM

REALLY wishing I hadn't looked at your page now. It is all so stunning to look at that I am virtually on a plane coming over. Enjoy the rest of your week.

• donya.amini's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2011 at 12:41 AM

Thank you.

• riorich55's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2011 at 5:16 AM

Well, I haven't made it to Montana yet, but I'll meet Lee Ann from Montana at our Chicago VT meet in June.

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2010 at 11:32 AM

'fraid I'm an early bird! Up at 6, or 7 at w-ends!

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I only got up here one time-and the rememberance is of green and open space. Good place for that wholesome family to grow up.

• Foundryman1's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Yes- It really is all good! My neighbor is from Montana-Said it was cold last week when she was there-Stay warm-C

• Camping_Girl's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2008 at 3:17 PM

I had to pull out my atlas and check out Hamilton, MT! Great pages here - we are always in search of the next great motorcycle road, lol. May have to make a trip back to Montana!

• ellielou's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 4:34 PM

if you want to be my rep in Montana, the job's yours!

• Gammy1968's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2008 at 1:41 AM

Reading all these tips I am starting to feel "homesick" for Victor... I just had the feeling of biting into a 4B´s Hero Burger... and driving through Skalkaho pass.... sigh

EllenH

“Have Westfalia, will travel (but planes are good also)”

Badges & Stats in Montana

Have you been to Montana?

Latest Activity in Montana