"Short visit to Rome" Rome by EllenH

Rome Travel Guide: 11,963 reviews and 26,445 photos

view over the city

My Rome page cannot be another of the Vatican, the Colosseum, bla bla, there are hundreds of pages on here for that. I lost my Dad while I was in Rome and I will always remember that moment. But we did eat at some nice restuarants, stayed in a hostel I recommend, found a service that is most useful to travelers, and met a fellow vter.So that is what I would like to share.

meeting with a vter

Thank you for taking the time Angelo. It was a bright spot in a hard day.

• Pros:Beautiful city I felt perfectly safe in.
  • Cons:Alot of people and alot of traffic.
  • In a nutshell:Everyone should visit Rome at least once in their lifetime.
  • Last visit to Rome: Nov 2004
  • Intro Updated Apr 1, 2005

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Dec 21, 2006 at 2:37 PM

Thanks. Your first picture on your HP sure looks better than the weather here. Bad fog and frost. All the best!

• cleocat's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2006 at 2:13 PM

I like the tip on the airport 'hotel" Christina threw a coin in the Trevi fountain for me so I'm sure I'll get there one day.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 10:45 PM

Hi honey, hope you are good, we`re off to Rome tomorrow till Thursday, cant wait, will look out for young old ladies XX

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2006 at 4:19 PM

We had a near "twin" incident in Rome with a rude, "cheating" waiter...after that, we made sure we never ate close to St. Peter's. Some helpful tips with a touch of humor; very fun reading.

• Lacristina's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2006 at 1:02 PM

First night in Rome for the newphew and he's in love with Roma, Roman food, and Roman girls. Great weather today - perfect for walking around the Forum and Palatine. Tomorrow, dinner with Barone, Antonio and Craic!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Nov 9, 2005 at 2:05 PM

funny to hear about the people leading you to the local restaurant.... my guide-book said for Italy: take a look where the local priest will go for lunch, that will be the best place to go !!

• Nov 5, 2005 at 6:23 PM

The FCO sleepping was not for old people, am telling you. A sleeping bag is needed, and who would carry a sleeping bag just for that purpose?

• airasia's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 7:48 AM

Hi ellen got my internet all set up. So I am more or less back. The trouble is the time. While I am surfing you will be sleeping : (

• jeffmartinartist's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2005 at 3:55 PM

Perhaps there are two Spanish steps!

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2005 at 7:35 PM

Some very practical tips! It may be awhile before I make it to Italy, but am thankful for VT for vicarious travel.

EllenH

“Have Westfalia, will travel (but planes are good also)”

Badges & Stats in Rome