"Life in Montana" EllenH's Profile
This is the restaurant where I work, its an old building from 1909, was originally a bank but was a bar for 50 years or so and now it is a nice restaurant with lots of personality.
The food is great and so is the wine list. (and we have Guinness on tap.)
March 2007 we have been here for 10 years. Last night we had an anniversary party that everyone in town knew about except for me. It is also my 10 year anniversary. My boss organized this party that consisted of about 30 present and former employees including my 2 sons who are away at college. She actually flew people in to come to this party. I was in a total state of shock for most of the night (until the wine kicked in) It was an awesome night all around. Thank you Karen.
I live in one of the most beautiful places in the world and I'd like to share it. That doesn't stop me from wanting to travel any chance I get. I manage a busy restaurant and so summer vacations are nearly impossible. So I take off in slow time November and where better to go in November then to the Mediterranean, more specifically Italy. and then when we get back to Montana the ski season has begun. Cross country that is. Life is good. My birthday is in December and my favorite way to spend it is skiing or hot springs and a bottle of great red wine. I love Italian and Australian reds but I'll try anything. I buy the wine for the restaurant and so have the opportunity to try all sorts of wines all the time. Tough job but someones got to do it. Anyway enjoy Montana.
One of our favorite weekend camping destinations, camping on Flathead lake, especially when the cherries are ripe.
Guido, he is our buddy. Half boxer, half australian sheppard. I saw a dog book at costco and there was a picture of a bull boxer that looked exactly like Guido. So whatever he is, he is a sweet dog.
This is the coolest hot springs, this pool belongs to a totally restored 1930s style hotel, its cheap, its fun, they have great music. I send all visitors to Montana here. I haven't been recently and its time but alas we have other parts of the state to get to this week.
This is what we do for fun in the spring, some years we find 30 pounds and some years we find none. But its always like a big kid easter egg hunt. It is now May 2008, and the mushrooms are here!
One of our best trips was to Croatia. It was wonderful, beautiful, good food, good wine, nice people, and affordable. What more can you ask for? Check out my travelogues to see how nice it was. (I got kind of lazy in the tip building department)
Jumpingnorman and family
Chris and Mark I do not know your vt names! Help me out here.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 181 Reviews
- 408 Photos
- 10 Countries
- 29 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: feels like spam everytime I..."
- Commented on Callavetta's profile page
- EllenH and DrunkenTraveller are now friends.
- Wrote a Review Loved this place in Maribor Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Loved this place"
- created a Maribor Travel Page "Vineyards and old vines"
updated their Profile Page "Life in Montana"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montana Intro, 25 reviews, 30 photos
- Croatia Intro, 1 review, 45 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Manarola Intro, 19 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Butte Intro, 8 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bozeman Intro, 8 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isola d' Ischia Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Walla Walla Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos
- Florence Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Hamilton Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Iceland Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22160 Reviews - 53864 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3078 Reviews - 5774 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15525 Reviews - 30893 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23058 Reviews - 47256 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11941 Reviews - 26470 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1927 Reviews - 3713 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8346 Reviews - 17013 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1905 Reviews - 4448 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4270 Reviews - 8783 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2036 Reviews - 3787 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7626 Reviews - 19444 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos