"Trakoscan- oaze of peace" Trakoscan by ivanab
Trakoscan Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 108 photos
Situated an hour and a half drive from Zagreb ,in the hills just next to border with Slovenia, lies a very special place. One of the most beautiful castles in Croatia, now transformed in the museum and a park, is a very popular place to go on a one-day trips. Although, you can also stay there for a few days because there's a hotel nearby.
Trakoscan was founded in the second half of the 13th century as an observing fortress. First known owners were counts Celjski, but their family vanishes during the 15th century. For done favours, king Maximilian givs this property to Juraj Draškovic, croatian cardinal and Trakoscan stays in their family for three hundred years.
From the second half of 19th century Trakoscan began its transformation into a castle, in the spirit of historicism.
city: 42254 Trakošćan
phone number: 042 79 64 22
working time: every day
november-march 9-16 h
april- october 9-18 h
- In a nutshell:amazing place
From the terrace of the castle you can find a most beautiful view of the lake beneath the castle. When you come down to... more travel advice
Just next to lake is situated this little restaurant. Apaart from the peacefull atmosphere and view on the lake, you can... more travel advice
ivanab's Related Pages
Trakoscan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Trakoscan Castle VT meet"
- "Trakoscan- oaze of peace"
- "Trakošćan castle"
- "enjoy the castle, the museum and the nature"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Trakoscan
- Hotels in Trakoscan
- Restaurants in Trakoscan
- Warnings and Dangers in Trakoscan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Trakoscan
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Trakoscan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Trakoscan
Photos in TrakoscanSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Zagreb Intro, 31 reviews, 36 photos
- Budapest Intro, 28 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hammamet Intro, 13 reviews, 26 photos
- Cairo Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Trogir Intro, 11 reviews, 14 photos
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Alanya Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Ljubljana 7 reviews, 10 photos