"Oh Canada" Canada by roger-ramjet

Canada Travel Guide: 40,019 reviews and 92,383 photos

Home For Now

Coming from Australia to Canada at the start of the winter was a experience, this is a photo of my street taken in late January and lucky for me I was on the way to the Airport for a week in Trinidad and Tobago. Now I have been told that Toronto does not have as much so as other places like Montreal ect but for me there was plenty. To see people digging there cars out of the snow in January was funny as I am used sweltering in my hot box of a car in Jan.

Much Better

For most of the winter I was looking forward to it being over. But on day like this the city really looked good everything clean white and a lot of fun. For the snow novice making snow men having snow ball fights was a lot of fun even though we did get a lot of strange looks I am sure people were thinking what is are group of 20 something guys doing making snow men have they not grown up.

Downtown

Apparently the CN Tower is a man made wonder of the world yes it is tall and well worth going up as it gives super views of Toronto. But at the end of the day it is a concrete stick with a restaurant three quarters up. At night there are a few lights at the top but for me it could be made to look so much better with some color and a lot more lights.

• Pros:Clean, Very friendly people, relaxed lifestyle
  • Cons:Wages compared to cost of rent, Homeless
  • In a nutshell:Well worth going to
  • Last visit to Canada: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Dec 30, 2004

• DavidKeeling's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2004 at 2:32 PM

Hey, we are still making snowmen, snow women, snow dogs, etc. at the tender age of 46. "Growing up" is for people with no imagination. Cheers!

roger-ramjet