"O/S" roger-ramjet's Profile

At The Start

This is a very brief over view of where I am and have been. Before my travels out of Australia and NZ I was working and living in Melbourne which is a nice place to live and anyone who get a chance should head down there it is well worth a look. Anyway since I have left this is what I have been up to. It started with a planned one way trip from Melbourne to Toronto via KL and Vienna and after that who knows. Well that did not quite work as planed thanks to meeting some super people. Ended up extending my Asia trip to include Vietnam which I loved and Thailand. My Europe stopover also expanded a little to include Hungary. Two months later I got to Toronto. Since then I have been down to the US a couple of times also won a trip to Trinidad and Tobago thanks to a day out at the Toronto Races. I am in the process of writing some more travel pages and adding some more photos of my last trip to the olympics and a few other places which I also checked out in europe. So check back soon. I am back in Canada now for the time being and thats about where I am at. Hope you enjoy the pages.

A new sight

Well this was the first city I saw on my trip and to say it's different to Melbourne is a understatement. One thing photos do not do justice to is the weather and it was red hot mid to height 30's c and 90+ humidity, but well worth it. I have been wishing for months I was somewhere warm as the Canadian winter is a long and cold one, but at least now it has started to warm up a little, I have been told that every few years there is a hot day in Toronto well I am looking forward to that day. Only kidding summers are supposed to be really nice here. Which I am looking forward to. Well it is now the summer and the weather is still disappointing in Toronto the news from the locals is so far summer is non existent, surely I will get some heat in Greece in August.

My Favorite Travel Place

So far Vietnam has been the most interesting place I have seen it. There is a lot of the past and also the new. This photo shows a little I think there is the government banner in the background a US shelter in the middle and local shops in the front. I found it amazing to see how everything interacts and how happy hardworking and cheerful the people are.

• Intro Updated Sep 21, 2004

Personal Pages (1)

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    May 28, 2007 at 8:38 PM

E'joy your day & Happy Birthday to you.:-)

• 2Cities1Love's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 7:31 PM

Hi Roger , It's Sue from Melb :-) Have you seen the Melb meeting post for May. Please come along if you can it is going to be a great weekend and we are aiming to have the biggest meeting ever lol.

• chumba's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2004 at 8:50 AM

That was a nice long vacation then.Good to be back?

• CdnJane's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 6:14 PM

"Roger Ramjet he's our man, hero of the nations...." LittleSam beat me with his comment about your name. Used to love watching that cartoon as a kid. Oh, and welcome (a little late) to Toronto.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2004 at 8:57 AM

I haven't heard the name Roger Ramjet in years. LOL.

• Marpessa's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2004 at 9:34 PM

Thanks for your comment :) The Cats are doing great this season, I hope they make the finals!

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2004 at 7:34 AM

nice homepage!

• JourneyOf1's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2004 at 12:16 PM

Love the nick>>>I have a friend we named Roget Ramjet because he is so eager to do everything! Cool homepage. Yvette

• PA2AKgirl's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2004 at 10:15 PM

haha, I'm going down to Chester tomorrow to apply for a job--thanks for the idea. Think I'll get it? :-P I'll run my own interstate tourism business & just flag people through while screaming obsenities describing the city. Then I'll probably get shot.

• australia2's Profile Photo
    Jun 13, 2004 at 9:21 PM

Hi David, yet another Melbourne - location - fan. Your writing and photos are great. More please. Laurie.(Hawthorn.)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!