Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do Tips by malaplava
Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do: 336 reviews and 570 photos
You see that ‘spot’ in red circle??? That is chapel on top of mountain; where according to Bible Moses received Tablets of the Low with the Ten Commandments. There are two ways to reach chapel. One is climbing on 3750 steps (which I haven’t tried), that monks built with rocks, and this is shorter but more difficult way. Other is climb on carved path that is long about 7km. Good thing is that you can have strength and take camel ride.
Let start from the beginning. Gathering is in the Monastery of Saint Catherine, very early in the morning, around 3 or 4 am.
If you decide to go on Moses mountain, best way heading to top of it is camel!!!! First you will save straing for "stairs" on the very top and second, feeling is great!!!! I was never riding before, not even horse or pony.
If you love water and swimming and have posability of finishing diving course before coming to Egypth do it!
i think that noone tried to count diving centers in Sharm!!!
If you are not professional diver (I am so mad with myself for going to Egypth as non-diver) then don't miss snorkelling or otherwise you won't feel Red Sea!!! Underwater world is waiting for you to come!
You can buy mask and snorkell in Sharm, but watch out. For the same snorkell set (Egy Sub), you will be asked from 65 to 120 LE. Mask is made of silicone and as the say tempered glass, and you can eject water from snorkell, and you shouldn't pay set more then 50LE.
More Reviews (9)
malaplava's Related Pages
Sharm El Sheikh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sharm is the place to go,(updated from apr 2006 )"
- "~ Sharm El Sheikh ~ The Charm Of Sharm ~"
- "Its Egypt, kind of."
- "Sharm - one of the best places to be"
- "Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh"
- "Sharm Charm"
- "Bedouin Dinner"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sharm El Sheikh
- Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
- Transportation in Sharm El Sheikh
- Nightlife in Sharm El Sheikh
- Restaurants in Sharm El Sheikh
- Shopping in Sharm El Sheikh
- Warnings and Dangers in Sharm El Sheikh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sharm El Sheikh
- 13 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Sharm El Sheikh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sharm El Sheikh
Photos in Sharm El SheikhSee All Photos (13)
Top 5 Pages
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 13 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kopaonik Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marmaris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Verona Intro, 1 photo
- Varna Intro, 1 photo
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
- Naama Bay- 25 Reviews, 49 Photos
- Snorkeling- 31 Reviews, 43 Photos
- Excursions- 43 Reviews, 70 Photos
- Ras Mohammed National Park- 33 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Quad Biking- 25 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Beaches- 16 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Scuba Diving- 36 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Old Town Sharm- 8 Reviews, 15 Photos
- St. Catherine's Monastery- 17 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Sharks Bay- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Sharm El Sheikh Things to Do