Province of British Columbia Sports & Outdoors Tips by blint Top 5 Page for this destination
Province of British Columbia Sports & Outdoors: 11 reviews and 21 photos
Larch Hills, Salmon Arm
You may think this is impossible if you come from a hot place, but it's true and fun! It's just like skiing but you only go down small hills. You go up hill and across flat ground too by 'shuffling' your feet on your ski's back and forth!
Equipment: Skis, ski shoes and poles!
A great place to try this sport is around Sovereign Lake which is part of the Silver star ski resort. You can hire your equipment there or buy it!
Cross Country Skis, Boots & Poles
Adult (13+ years)
1 Day $22.00
2 Day $40.00
3 Day $58.00
Additional Day $18.00
Tot / Child (3 - 12 years)
1 Day $12.00
2 Day $22.00
3 Day $32.00
Additional Day $10.00
Another great place to try Cross Country Skiing is Larch Hills near Salmon Arm. It is free to ski if you have your own equipment. If not you can rent ski' etc from the shop. It costs 15$ per day for skis and boots.
Directions: Near Vernon or Salmon Arm though anywhere above the lower mainland should have Cross Country Ski routes.
Other Contact: email@example.com
Phone: (250) 558-6007
Blangclang stikes again!
I really don't like hunting, but I found I was a natural at shooting metal targets in Kamloops with old cowboy guns. In the photo I am shooting a Smith and Wesson gun! I also had a go with a rifle.
Though is you want to try this sport out you need to take a member of the ranch with you. If you practice this sport and have a gun licence I’m sure it’s easy enough to become a member. The man in the photo is actually a teacher though he is also a good friend of my boyfriend’s family. Getting lessons is a great and safe way to try out this sport.
My nickname was Bangclang as everytime I shot I hit the target!!!! I'm a dangerous woman!
Equipment: Gun, bullets, metal target, ear plugs, protection glasses are all essential.
Snow shoeing at Sovereign lake
For those of you that don't like the idea of sliding down a large mountain at a great velocity or having a big board attached to both your feet, here is your alternative: Snow shoeing. For those of you who aren't familiar with this I'm sure you'll remember pictures of people struggling over ice fields with tennis racquets strapped to their feet. Well that's snow shoeing, only now the snow shoes don't look like tennis racquets!
Basically they allow you to walk through very thick snow and over frozen lakes with ease. So it is a great way to explore some of the most wonderful countryside Canada has to offer.
Equipment: Snow shoes. Most sport shops or ski Resorts like Silver Ster Vernon. At Silver Star you can rent the equipment for about 22$ a day.
And of course warm clothes, though remember: once you've been walking for a while you get hot. Wear layers so you can strip off (not completely of course) or bundle up at will. You will also need a good pair of boots.
Directions: You can do this where ever there is snow but I recommend Sovereign lake near Silverstar sky resort in Vernon. The place is breath taking. They also organise special wildlife tours for you if you want.c*
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (250) 558-4292
More Reviews (31)
- See All Shopping and Taxes
- See All Vancouver
- See All Fall/Autumn
- Holiday Homes Silver Star
- See All The BEST Sandwiches
blint's Related Pages
Province of British Columbia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "OUR TOUR OF BRITISH COLUMBIA BY HIRE CAR"
- "BRITISH COLUMBIA*****WOW"
- "Beautiful British Columbia!"
- "Due West"
- "CANADIAN BEAUTY"
- "British Columbia"
- "B.C.'s Beautiful, eh?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of British Columbia
- Hotels in Province of British Columbia
- Transportation in Province of British Columbia
- Nightlife in Province of British Columbia
- Restaurants in Province of British Columbia
- Shopping in Province of British Columbia
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of British Columbia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sumberagung Hotels
- Santa Marta de Ortigueira Hotels
- Ishøj Hotels
- Apapa Eleko Hotels
- Kathmandu Sports & Outdoors
- Marrakesh Sports & Outdoors
- Parati Sports & Outdoors
- Philippines Sports & Outdoors
- Napier Sports & Outdoors
- Summerville Sports & Outdoors
- skiing & snowboarding
- Rovinj Sports & Outdoors
- Palm Springs Sports & Outdoors
- Plymouth Sports & Outdoors
- Boracay Island Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Province of British Columbia
- 34 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Province of British Columbia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of British Columbia
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Dog-sitter needed"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Museums"
- Commented on one of vividvivian's Province of British Columbia travel pages
- Wrote a Review Shopping and Taxes in Province of British Columbia Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Province of British Columbia Travel Page "Due West"
Photos in Province of British ColumbiaSee All Photos (39)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 141 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 92 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 76 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 51 reviews, 96 photos
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos
- Málaga Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vejer de la Frontera Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
Top Province of British Columbia hotels
- Vancouver Hotels
- 3950 Reviews - 8219 Photos
- Victoria Hotels
- 1621 Reviews - 3376 Photos
- Kelowna Hotels
- 87 Reviews - 193 Photos
- Penticton Hotels
- 31 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Kamloops Hotels
- 43 Reviews - 77 Photos
- Kalamalka Lake Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Whistler Hotels
- 283 Reviews - 636 Photos
- Tofino Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 381 Photos
- Revelstoke Hotels
- 40 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Fairmont Hot Springs Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 35 Photos
- Vernon Hotels
- 7 Reviews - 2 Photos
- Squamish Hotels
- 42 Reviews - 102 Photos
- Prince George Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 60 Photos
- Ucluelet Hotels
- 26 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Osoyoos Hotels
- 35 Reviews - 64 Photos