El Puerto de Santa María Nightlife Tips by blint
El Puerto de Santa María Nightlife: 2 reviews and 6 photos
naughty naughty using the same photo twice!
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FAMILIAR WILL BILL'S BAR YOU MAY BE INTERESTED TO KNOW IT HAS CHANGED HANDS AND BILL NO LONGER OWNS IT. THEREFORE NO MORE ENGLISH FOOD AND I IMAGINE NO MORE QUIZ NIGHT!
Every Thursday night there is an English Quiz night where you'll find a mix of English speakers and Spaniards wishing to improve their English competing for some free drinks! The teams are usually a mix of Spanish and English because even though the questions are asked in English there are many questions about Spain. This makes it a great opportunity to meet people and practice another language!
Most of the ex pats that frequent Bill's bar are older people although there are plenty of young English teachers that hang out there too. Which also makes it a great mix of generations and interests.
The music is very good and you can make requests if you're lucky.
In the winter you'll just find Bill there but in the summer months his sons help out who are both mainly Spanish speaking although they do speak English (especially Rodrigo).
I think the quiz starts about 9 or 10 on a Thursday
Address: Plaza Colon
Directions: off of Micaela Aramburu (the street will all the palm trees
El Puerto de Santa Maria is a small town on the cost of Cadiz, Spain. It is a Spanish summer tourist destination although more and more Foreigners are coming each year. It mainly offers nothing but cheesy Spanish pop for nightlife. Though check out Barsito(Calle Milagros), Cafe Blanco y Negro (calle escondido) or Milwalkee for live music, La colonial for Salsa(calle Milagros), La Reconquista (Ribera del Rio) for an Arabic/Spanish atmosphere, La Pinta (calle Luna) or Bar Plaza Colon (plaza Colon) for an English atmosphere,Home Town Café(Ribera del Marisco)/ O' donoghues (Misericordia) for an American/Irish theme bar hang out or El Barco or la compaña del Ron(Plaza La Herreria) for a poptasic Spanish atmosphere.
If you want to be surrounded by Americans and Scandinavians and listen to American music go to El Niño Perdido by the castle.
Places like Retro ,the bar in the photo, are great in the winter but because they are so small in summer they really fill up and you end up on the street.
There are new bars opening all the time here as more money pours into this small town.
Dress Code: A cheesy checked shirt and V neck jumper for men and something sexy for women.
Directions: In the old centre
More Reviews (26)
- See All urban buses
- See All Somewhere to stuff your face on a night...
- See All Plaza de Polverista
- The Shopping Centre
blint's Related Pages
El Puerto de Santa María Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Affectionately:El Puerco de Santa Maria (jeje)"
- "Only one night in El Puerto....."
- "El Puerto de Santa Maria"
- "Beaches and history"
- "Puerto is also Semana Santa"
- "Puerto de Santa María, Andalucía, Spain"
- "El Puerto"
- See All...
- Things to Do in El Puerto de Santa María
- Hotels in El Puerto de Santa María
- Transportation in El Puerto de Santa María
- Nightlife in El Puerto de Santa María
- Restaurants in El Puerto de Santa María
- Shopping in El Puerto de Santa María
- Warnings and Dangers in El Puerto de Santa María
- See All...
Badges & Stats in El Puerto de Santa María
- 28 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to El Puerto de Santa María?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in El Puerto de Santa María
- Posted in Travel Budapest Forum "Re: Dog-sitter needed"
- Wrote a Review urban buses in El Puerto de Santa María Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Castle of San Marcos"
- Commented on one of puerto_lover's El Puerto de Santa María travel pages
- updated a El Puerto de Santa María Travel Page "Affectionately:El Puerco de Santa Maria (jeje)"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 141 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 92 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 76 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 51 reviews, 96 photos
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos
- Málaga Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vejer de la Frontera Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos