"My Granada" Top 5 Page for this destination Granada by blint
Granada Travel Guide: 2,005 reviews and 4,925 photos
While I was looking through VT's photos of Granada I noticed that most of them were shots of the Alhambra. There is much more to see in Granada too.
For example: The Albaicin ( The old arabic quarter where I used to live), Sacromonte (the gypsy quarter where many live in caves), the Realejo ( the old Jewish quarter) and the Baroque architecture of the centre.
Of course the Alhambra is well worth seeing too. It is the best historical Islamic/muslim sight in Spain. It's beautiful, incredible and so well perserved.
On my things to see section you have to go to the last few pages to find out about the amazing Alhambra.
You can go and see a Flamenco show in Sacromonte; go tekking/hiking in the Apujarras, Skiiing in the Sierra Nevada, go to the beach at Salobreña, Motril or Almuñeca; or take in the sights, smells, sounds and flavours of Granada's Arabic influence in the Arabic tearooms where you can also smoke a Shisha pipe with flavoured tobacco.
- Pros:So must to see from so many different eras and cultures.
- Cons:A lot of it is up hill on cobbled streets!
- In a nutshell:Brimming with culture!
We went to what is actually a nudist beach next to La herradura. You don't have to take all your clothes off if you... more travel advice
tt is oNe of a bar it is my favourite place to dance in the whole wide world (apart from my living room) because it... more travel advice
- See All El Refugio
- See All Artesania y Ceramica
- See All Alien Tours Granada!
- Skiing in the Sierra Nevada
blint's Related Pages
Granada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Granada"
- "Much More Than The Alhambra"
- "And How to fall in love with a city...."
- "Feel of Old Islam in Spain"
- "Beautiful architecture and fantastic views!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Granada
- Hotels in Granada
- Transportation in Granada
- Nightlife in Granada
- Restaurants in Granada
- Shopping in Granada
- Warnings and Dangers in Granada
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Granada
- 92 Reviews
- 104 Photos
- 12 Forum posts
- 62 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Granada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Granada
Photos in GranadaSee All Photos (104)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 141 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 92 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 76 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 51 reviews, 96 photos
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos
- Málaga Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vejer de la Frontera Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos
Latest Granada hotel reviews
- Room Mate Migueletes
- 387 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Tryp Albayzin
- 54 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- 265 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Hotel Juan Miguel
- 109 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 7, 2013
- Hotel Plaza Nueva
- 98 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 19, 2013
- Alhambra Palace Hotel Granada
- 395 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Hostal Austria
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 4, 2013
- Oasis Backpackers' Hostel Granada
- 139 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- 242 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Carmen Hotel
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- Macia Plaza
- 198 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Pension Casa del Aljarife
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Apartamentos Vacacionales Real de Cartuja
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 17, 2013