"Wierd and Wonderful" Top 5 Page for this destination Guadix by blint
Guadix Travel Guide: 49 reviews and 148 photos
This strange and magnificent town is a must see day trip from Granada.
The town itself is pretty but if you venture into the gypsy barrio on the edge of town you are in for a special treat.
Although this area is ultimately por it is pretty in its own right but above that it is simply fascinating due to the fact that most of the houses are underground caves with white chimneys protruding from the sandy hills.
The backdrop is otherworldly and if it wasn't for the fact they used a town in Tunisia for Luke's home planet in Star Wars they could have easily used this little spot.
Sensible shoes are a must. You will do plenty of walking, many times up small sandy hills. So you will need shoes that... more travel advice
Like any 'respectable' Spanish town you can find a cathedral. So if you aren't interested in caves homes, maybe you can... more travel advice
blint's Related Pages
Guadix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gaudix.... Just came back (under construction)"
- "Two days in a cave."
- "Wierd and Wonderful"
- "GUADIX, ESPAÑA (SPAIN)"
- "Come for the Choir, stay for the cave homes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Guadix
- Hotels in Guadix
- Nightlife in Guadix
- Restaurants in Guadix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Guadix
- 12 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Guadix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Guadix
Photos in GuadixSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 141 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 92 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 76 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 51 reviews, 96 photos
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos
- Málaga Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vejer de la Frontera Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos