"The Sherry Capital of the WORLD!" Top 5 Page for this destination Jerez de la Frontera by blint
Jerez de la Frontera Travel Guide: 205 reviews and 576 photos
Now there is a Ryan Air flight direct from London Stansted in the UK, putting Jerez on the European map and bringing British and foreign visitors to the area.
The province of Cadiz is a strange one as the Capital, named Cadiz as well, is a small peninsula that juts out from the mainland, making expansion impossible. Therefore the surrounding towns such as El Puerto de Santa Maria and Jerez have benefited from this, El Puerto for it's beach and Jerez from large businesses that have come to the area and of course it's international airport.
This has resulted in the transformation of Jerez, making it cleaner and prettier ready for it's new business and tourist trade. Jerez is 45 mins away from Cadiz Capital by Train and is in the very north of the province, making it very close to Sevilla too.
- Pros:Sunny all year round
- Cons:No beach
- In a nutshell:It's growing
If you visit Jerez, whatever you do DON'T go to the zoo. The conditions for the animals are appalling and many show... more travel advice
Ferias are festivals that are held all over the region. The women get dressed up in frilly Flamenco or gypsy dresses and... more travel advice
blint's Related Pages
Jerez de la Frontera Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jerez - Horses, Flamenco, Sherry and more besides!"
- "The Sherry Capital of the WORLD!"
- "Jerez de la Frontera"
- "Big City with a village soul"
- "Jerez de la Frontera - Bodegas, Horses, Heat ;-)"
- "FERIA DEL CABALLO 2006"
- "Jerez de la Frontera, Spain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jerez de la Frontera
- Hotels in Jerez de la Frontera
- Transportation in Jerez de la Frontera
- Nightlife in Jerez de la Frontera
- Restaurants in Jerez de la Frontera
- Shopping in Jerez de la Frontera
- Warnings and Dangers in Jerez de la Frontera
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jerez de la Frontera
- 19 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Jerez de la Frontera?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jerez de la Frontera
Photos in Jerez de la FronteraSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cadiz Intro, 141 reviews, 181 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Granada Intro, 92 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Spain Intro, 76 reviews, 93 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Croatia Intro, 51 reviews, 96 photos
- Budapest Intro, 36 reviews, 66 photos
- Málaga Intro, 32 reviews, 63 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Castilla-La Mancha Intro, 42 reviews, 44 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of British Columbia Intro, 34 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vejer de la Frontera Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Morocco Intro, 31 reviews, 38 photos