"Schertz ...." Schertz by rsleisk
Schertz Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 15 photos
The first settlers came to Schertz around 1843. The first name of Schertz was "Cibolo Pit," then "Cut Off," because of when the Cibolo Creek flooded, the settlement was cut off. In 1899 it officially became Schertz, Texas named after Sebastian Schertz who owned and operated a general store when the Galveston, Harrisburg and San Antonio Railway built through the area.
Randolph Air Force Base was a big boost to Schertz economy in the late 20's.
Schertz is located northeast of San Antonio on the IH-35 corridor. One day the whole IH-35 route from Dallas to San Antonio will just be one huge developed area. San Antonio is roughly less than 20 minutes away.
- In a nutshell:A small but thriving community northeast of San Antonio.
Abel's Diner offers good home-cooked style food at low mom-and-pop prices. The restaurant is quite small making seating... more travel advice
Texas' largest natural caverns and a great place to go for the whole family. You stroll amongst the stalagmites and you... more travel advice
rsleisk's Related Pages
Schertz Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Schertz
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Schertz?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Schertz
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues