"Mountain Home" Mountain Home by rsleisk
Mountain Home Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 14 photos
Driving toward Sun Valley about 10 miles north east of Mountain Home. The remains of the snowfall covered the mini-mountains.
I was heading home after visiting Bruneau Dunes when I saw this wall of a strom front rolling across the plain. This picture hardly does it justice for it was truly an awesome sight. Later that evening it snowed!
Here is another photo of the same storm. I pulled over and watched as an SUV about 200 ft ahead of me that is barely visible in the picture, was enveloped by the storm, totally disappearing.
- In a nutshell:A serene desert-like area surrounds a small town with an AFB.
On Highway 20 about seven miles north of town there is a historical sign marker for Rattlesnake Station, the original... more travel advice
rsleisk's Related Pages
Mountain Home Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mountain Home"
- "Not a place I would of picked to live"
- "La beba in Mountain Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mountain Home
- Hotels in Mountain Home
- Restaurants in Mountain Home
- Shopping in Mountain Home
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mountain Home
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Mountain Home?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mountain Home
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues