"Boise Idaho" Top 5 Page for this destination Boise by rsleisk
Boise Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 271 photos
Boise was a very nice, artsy, college town. The city has a great downtown district with preserved turn of the century buildings converted to businesses, bars and restaurants. There are many greenspaces and well the mountains are right there.
I was working in Mountain Home at the AFB and well there isn't really anything to do in Mountain Home so I drove to Boise about 45 minutes away.
The road there is very desolate especially at night, for Mountain Home is really a misnomer of a name, the city is in the Idaho near flat desert, grant it the desert is surrounded by mountains.
The best thing about Mountain Home was that it is centrally located and I was able to take a drive to beautiful Sun Valley and Ketchum.
This is a photo taken from the winding road that meanders its way toward Bogus Mountain. Below in the valley you can see Boise.
Bogus Mountain is a good sized and beautiful ski park only minutes from Boise.
- In a nutshell:Interesting, cultural, vibrant college town, next to the great outdoors!
The Flick's is a great place to watch a film. It reminded me of the Alamo Draft House in Austin a place to eat, drink... more travel advice
The Basques are one of the most mysterious races of people in the world. No one is certain of their origins, but Boise... more travel advice
rsleisk's Related Pages
Boise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boise...City of trees according to the French."
- "My Home Away From Home"
- "Capitol with Emerging Identity"
- "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- "Boise Idaho"
- "A Quick Trip to Boise"
- "Boise - Idaho's "Primate City""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boise
- Hotels in Boise
- Transportation in Boise
- Nightlife in Boise
- Restaurants in Boise
- Shopping in Boise
- Warnings and Dangers in Boise
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boise
- 5 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Boise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boise
Photos in BoiseSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (16)
Latest Boise hotel reviews
- Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Anniversary Inn Boise
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- J.J. Shaw House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2010
- AmeriTel Inn Boise Towne Square
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- The Grove Hotel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Hotel 43
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013
- Holiday Inn Boise Airport
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
- 304 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 8, 2013
- Best Western Vista Inn at the Airport
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 9, 2013