"The wonderous sunsets of Chania" Top 5 Page for this destination Chania by rsleisk
Chania Travel Guide: 194 reviews and 498 photos
I had been looking forward to this trip for all my life. I have always been fascinated with mysterious Crete and the ancient Minoans.
I was disapponted however because the only day I had off it rained miserably. I had wanted to visit the palace of Knossos but well into the 2 hour drive from Chania it was still raining furiously so I reluctantly turned around. Oh well I will have to visit it the next time I go to Greece.
- Pros:Clean, friendly people, romantic
- Cons:Very touristy, crowded, pushy restaurantuers
The Minoan town now named Kydonia or Cydonia has not been completely uncovered because it lies beneath the modern city... more travel advice
There are many restaurants to choose from that line the picturesque Old Venetian Harbour. I tried a few of them and none... more travel advice
rsleisk's Related Pages
Chania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chania Page - Finally!"
- " Crete Jawnuta & Santo 2006 "
- "Hania, Chania, and Xania... Any Others?"
- "The wonderous sunsets of Chania"
- "THE "Historical Capital" of Crete!"
- "The second biggest city of Crete..."
- "Chania...just right!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chania
- Hotels in Chania
- Transportation in Chania
- Nightlife in Chania
- Restaurants in Chania
- Shopping in Chania
- Warnings and Dangers in Chania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chania
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Chania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chania
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues