"The picturesque town of Motta Sant’ Anastasia" Motta Sant'Anastasia by rsleisk
Motta Sant'Anastasia Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
The picturesque town of Motta Sant’ Anastasia is near the city of Cantania and in the shadow of Mount Etna. The name “Motta” comes from the name of the mountain that the city is founded on and the Sant' Anastasia is in honor of the saint the town was dedicated to.
The town is sleepy and slow paced as opposed to Catania. There is a large American population here that support the Naval Air Station Sigonella.
The area around Motta is agriculturally rich with oranges, grapes, olives, wheat and almonds.
The Norman Castle that sits atop the “motta” is exceptionally picturesque especially with snow capped Mount Etna looming behind it. The castle was built back in 1070 by Count Roger the Norman.
rsleisk's Related Pages
Motta Sant'Anastasia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The picturesque town of Motta Sant’ Anastasia"
- Create a Motta Sant'Anastasia Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Motta Sant'Anastasia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Motta Sant'Anastasia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Motta Sant'Anastasia
Photos in Motta Sant'AnastasiaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues