"Welcome to my homepage!" rsleisk's Profile
"All the golden lands ahead of you and all kinds of unforeseen events wait lurking to surprise you and make you glad you're alive to see"...- Jack Kerouac
Top Countries and Places on my wish list:
1. Scotland (Highlands, lowlands, Orkney, Shetland)
3. Argentina (Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Patagonia, Tierra Del Fuego)
15. Dalmatian Coast (Dubrovnik)
Hello, I live near Boerne, TX a small city outside of San Antonio, a popular tourist destination for its Riverwalk, Tex-Mex food and of course the legendary Alamo. I live here with my wife, two daughters and twin sons.
I'm a Network Engineer and my work has allowed me to travel the world to places I would probably never get to visit.
I'm also an aspiring filmmaker and screenwriter. My interests are travel, music, art, photography, gardening and film. Become a fan of my independent film Mahogany Sunrise.
Mahogany Sunrise Film on Facebook
"Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for. " - Joseph Addison
It was very impressive standing on the great wall one of the amazing wonders of the world, so much so my friend and I kept saying "dude we're on the great wall!"
Uzbekistan is a very interesting place rich in history. I visited Taskent, "Stone City", in the Summer of 2004. Before I arrived there was news of terrorist attacks which made me apprehensive at first to come here. I was fortunate to have made friends with the people I came to work with and their Uzbek hospitality was phenomenal as they showed me around the city. My reservations were forgotten as I ventured around the city and found the people very friendly.
I was fascinated with the old world Uzbekistan and the era of Tamerlane juxtaposed with the post-Soviet influences. Food is very tasty and travel here is very inexpensive. I wanted to make a trip to Samarkand but my company told me I had to come home.
Bangkok is a place like none other I have ever seen. The city was truly a mad mix of traffic, pedestrians, sights, sounds, smells and architecture. The city was very modern and very 3rd world at the same time. I traveled in the summer of 2004 to Bangkok coming from Beijing a stark contrast in cultures. Thai food is excellent!
My first time this far north was great in Anchorage. It took sometime to adjust to the constant sunlight but it afforded us time to sight see all day! Great Alaskan King crab and salmon!
Personal Pages (2)
Written Sep 9, 2008
These songs remind me of places…
Written May 16, 2008
This sounds Jazzy
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
“In the end you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn Mountain.”
- Member Rank:
- 0 0 8 7 3
- Forum Rank:
- 0 4 9 0 3
- Real Name
- Texas, United States of America
- Member Since
- Jun 3, 2004
- 238 Reviews
- 679 Photos
- Add Friend
- Send Message
Badges & Stats
- 238 Reviews
- 679 Photos
- 9 Countries
- 40 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
updated their Profile Page "Welcome to my homepage!"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Welcome to my homepage!"
- rsleisk and giampiero6 are now friends.
- Commented on one of mircaskirca's Isla de Providencia travel pages
- updated a Catania Travel Page "Beautiful Catania ..."
- Wrote a Review Naples Pub Crawl in Naples Nightlife
- Posted in Travel Naples Forum "Re: preferred area to stay in..."
Top 10 Pages
- Naples Intro, 27 reviews, 87 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bangkok Intro, 16 reviews, 46 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Catania Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tashkent Intro, 14 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 12 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pompeii Intro, 1 review, 33 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almaty Intro, 11 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Anchorage Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Omaha Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Herculaneum Intro, 1 review, 28 photos, 3 travelogues
- Paris Hotels
- 22479 Reviews - 55020 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7926 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23320 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2028 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3098 Reviews - 5880 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26762 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos