"Liz's Chesterfield pages" Top 5 Page for this destination Chesterfield by LizD
Chesterfield Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 128 photos
Chesterfields most famous landmark is the Church of Saint Mary and All Saints. Better known as ?The Crooked Spire?
Unseasoned timbers probably cause the twisting of the spire.
However, it is also said that a Virgin got married at the Church, the Spire was so shocked it twisted to take a look and it will take another Virgin getting married there to make it straight,
Chesterfield is a town that mixes the old with the new.
The Chesterfield Department store is a lovely Tudor, black and white faced building. The market square is in the centre of the town and still has a cobbled street. Traditional Markets are held there three times a week on Monday, Fridays and Saturdays.
During the holiday season especially at Bank holidays, street entertainers keep the crowds amused.
Although some of the high street retailers have been present in Chesterfield for many years, it has recently undergone a face-lift, bringing it up to date with today’s shopping culture. This has encouraged more of the multi national stores, which together with a selection of independent retailers, makes Chesterfield a thriving town.
There are plenty of Pubs, and Cafes that do a decent lunch and if your staying in the town you have a choice of Bars, Nightclubs and Restaurants for your evening entertainment. There is even a small theatre which puts on some good productions.
- In a nutshell:Its a nice day today, lets have a walk round Chesterfield.
Hands up all those who like home made scones with butter, Lemon Meringue Pie or baked egg custard tart... No one eh!... more travel advice
LizD's Related Pages
Chesterfield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Chesterfield"
- "Chesterfield-my home town"
- "Liz's Chesterfield pages"
- "BIRCHY PASSES THROUGH CHESTERFIELD"
- "Home of the Crooked Spire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chesterfield
- Hotels in Chesterfield
- Transportation in Chesterfield
- Restaurants in Chesterfield
- Shopping in Chesterfield
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chesterfield
- 2 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Chesterfield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chesterfield
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Cromford Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- York Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 3 photos