"Cromford, Derbyshire." Cromford by LizD
Cromford Travel Guide: 35 reviews and 66 photos
Cromford was originally constructed by Richard Arkwright to house is employees who worked at Cromford Mill.
It is situated at the junction where the A6 meets the A5012 for Via Gellia.
There are a few shops on the main road and in the Market place is The Greyhound pub, which was build by Richard Arkwright in 1790.
Behind the pub is the millpond. At the far side is a water wheel and surrounding the pond are some very pretty cottages.
If you travel up Cromford Hill you will come to Black Rocks and then to Carsington Water.
Away from The village taking the junction across the A6 you will come to Cromford Canal, Arkwrights Mill, which is now a visitor’s centre, and the River Derwent
The High Peak Trail starts at Cromford and has 17.5 miles of traffic free trail for walkers, horse riders ands cyclists. It goes from Peak Junction to Dowlow near Buxton and joins the Tissington Trail at Parsley Hay.
Cromford Canal was completed in 1794 and the High Peak Railway was finished in 1830, which connected the 14.5 miles of... more travel advice
LizD's Related Pages
Cromford Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Cromford
- Hotels in Cromford
- Transportation in Cromford
- Restaurants in Cromford
- Shopping in Cromford
- Warnings and Dangers in Cromford
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cromford
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cromford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cromford
Photos in CromfordSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Cromford Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- York Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 3 photos