"Lincoln" Lincoln by LizD
Lincoln Travel Guide: 220 reviews and 485 photos
If you visit Lincoln you will find it has a lot to offer.
Built on the river and you can watch boats and swans travelling through the centre of town. ..
Although a modern town with plenty of high street shops, it has maintained its “Olde World “charm with many of the quaint buildings remaining
Take a stroll from the Brayford Pool down the side of the river and you will come to an old black and white timbered building known as the Glory Hole. The river continues under the building but steps will take you into the town centre. Here you will find a selection of high street stores and the market hall.
Continue up the hill and under the arches and you will start your climb towards the Cathedral and the Castle.
In this area can be found a selection of shops selling antiques, old books and crafts.
The road is a narrow and cobbled. It becomes quite steep towards the top.
As you go through the arches from the main shopping area on your way up to the Cathedral what better way to catch your... more travel advice
One of the tips I have made is about the Christmas Market. Although this is a great occasion you may have problems... more travel advice
LizD's Related Pages
Lincoln Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lincoln: a wonderful old city"
- "Learning To Live It"
- "It got a hill, a castle and a cathedral"
- "More history than you can shake a stick at........"
- "Medieval Lincoln"
- "A Rich History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lincoln
- Hotels in Lincoln
- Transportation in Lincoln
- Nightlife in Lincoln
- Restaurants in Lincoln
- Shopping in Lincoln
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lincoln
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lincoln?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lincoln
Photos in LincolnSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Cromford Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- York Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 3 photos