"liz's Paris Page" Paris by LizD
Paris Travel Guide: 22,707 reviews and 56,112 photos
I've been to Paris 3 times now, the first time was four years ago.
Having only done package holidays up to this point, and as I was travelling with a friend who was also a novice, we chose a similar holiday for our first visit to Paris.
Our tour operator was a coach company, Ledger tours based in Rotherham. We travelled to Dover and then caught the ferry to France.
This was a great way of seeing Paris for the first time as so much was crammed into a couple of days.
We saw the Eiffel Tower(but did'nt have time to go up it) and the Arch D'Triomphe which impressed me more that the Tower, Walked down the Champs-Elysees, saw the Place de la Concorde,visited Notre Dame, and Palace of Versaille
We even had time for a bit of retail therapy when we were dropped off outside the Opera house to do some shopping.
When we went to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur I just knew I had to come back, they were my favourite places.
The down side to this type of holiday is the long hours travelling by coach from England to France.
In February, 2004 I went back with Mick who is more adventurous.This time we made our own travel arrangements, flying to CDG Airport. and booked our own hotel.
Travelling around Paris was on the Metro.
This time we chose the things we wanted to see and had time to go up the Eiffel Tower.
We enjoyed it so much that we went back again in June
On our trip to Paris in February 2004 we decided to take in a show at the Moulin Rouge. Booking was very simple; we... more travel advice
Just wanted to share these photos with you this is as you turn around from the Grand Arche. On the left is a building... more travel advice
LizD's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "PARIS POUR LA CULTURE!"
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "The charm of Paris stays in its History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 10 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Photos in ParisSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Derbyshire Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ibiza Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Cologne Intro, 9 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 10 reviews, 10 photos
- London Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Cromford Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- York Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Pisa Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Grand Canyon Intro, 3 photos