"liz's Paris Page" Paris by LizD

Paris Travel Guide: 22,628 reviews and 55,551 photos

My First visit - an organised trip

I've been to Paris 3 times now, the first time was four years ago.
Having only done package holidays up to this point, and as I was travelling with a friend who was also a novice, we chose a similar holiday for our first visit to Paris.

Our tour operator was a coach company, Ledger tours based in Rotherham. We travelled to Dover and then caught the ferry to France.

This was a great way of seeing Paris for the first time as so much was crammed into a couple of days.
We saw the Eiffel Tower(but did'nt have time to go up it) and the Arch D'Triomphe which impressed me more that the Tower, Walked down the Champs-Elysees, saw the Place de la Concorde,visited Notre Dame, and Palace of Versaille
We even had time for a bit of retail therapy when we were dropped off outside the Opera house to do some shopping.
When we went to Montmartre and the Sacre Coeur I just knew I had to come back, they were my favourite places.

The down side to this type of holiday is the long hours travelling by coach from England to France.

Paris the return

In February, 2004 I went back with Mick who is more adventurous.This time we made our own travel arrangements, flying to CDG Airport. and booked our own hotel.
Travelling around Paris was on the Metro.
This time we chose the things we wanted to see and had time to go up the Eiffel Tower.
We enjoyed it so much that we went back again in June

• Last visit to Paris: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2004

• stevezero's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 2:45 PM

Great tips on a great city, not been for years. maybe it's time to return..

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 1:11 AM

Hi Liz, very good tips, I shall pass your accommodation tip on to my sister, she is looking for somewhere to stay. Paris is a city you could return to yearly isnt it! Lovely page, Happy travels (~_~)

• Maria_75's Profile Photo
    Sep 28, 2004 at 1:06 PM

nice pages, i love that city! :)

• CALSF's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 6:04 PM

Nice travel page

• hevbell's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2004 at 1:14 AM

lovely pics & tips about my favourite city! Montmartre is my favourite area too :)

• K.Knight's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2004 at 12:03 AM

Beautiful photos and tips that tell of a great adventure. You look a little cold?? G'day from Australia

• genispp's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2004 at 3:23 PM

Beautiful page. I like your photos

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2004 at 8:27 AM

Pages are looking really good Liz. Look forward to seeing more tips.

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2004 at 5:30 PM

Paris was harder on my feet than any other city l have ever visited ! a really nice page Liz, looking forward to more

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2004 at 6:39 AM

great start about a wonderful city

LizD

“life is like a book when you reach the end and look back there should be interesting things on every page.”

Badges & Stats in Paris